Outlook 2003-Exchange 5.5 ERROR 6D9

GavinB

I have been using Outlook 2003 for about 2-3 weeks against an Exchange
5.5 Server with SP4 + KB829418. Suddenly one morning I try to use it
and get the error when trying to connect:-

"Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange
server computer is not available. Either there are network problems
or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance."

This problem now occurs from any Outlook 2003 client trying to access
ANY mailbox on this server.

Though the client can access another Exchange 5.5 server with no
problem so it seems that Outlook 2003 has done something to the
Exchange server (a bit like the KB829418 hotfix though thankfully the
IS is still working for other clients).

The client registers the following event log error (when Mail Logging
is enabled) :-

EventID: 19

The description for Event ID ( 19 ) in Source ( Outlook ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. The following information is part of the event:
RfrGetNewDSA, brsg501a.brs.infineon.com, 6d9, 0, Block (0), Error =
6d9, Version = 1, GeneratingComponent = 2, DetectionLocation = 1f5,
Flags = 0, Params = 4, [Param (0) Type = eeptUnicodeString, Value =
ncacn_ip_tcp], [Param (1) Type = eeptUnicodeString, Value =
brsg501a.brs.infineon.com], [Param (2) Type = eeptLongVal, Value =
1544f5e0], [Param (3) Type = eeptPointerVal].

This is very worrying as the problem didn't show up for a few weeks.
If it had been rolled out to client there would now be big problems !

Anyone else seen this, know of the solution.

Roady

Does it still occur when you recreate (do not copy) the mail profile?
Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles...

--
Roady
www.sparnaaij.net

Questions of the month:
-Color Code Your E-Mail Advanced
-Add Sound To Your E-mail

www.sparnaaij.net

Peter

This problem could also occur if the RPC clients mappings in the registry
are missing.

Open REGEDIT from the RUN window.

Look for the following key and RPC client settings:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols]
"ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncacn_nb_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncacn_http"="rpcrt4.dll"

Can you see the above?

Peter

GavinB

GavinB said:
[...]

Peter / Roady

The problem still occurs if you remove the Outlook profiles. The
registry entries are also present. If I install a completely new
Outlook 2003 client I still get the problem. I believe that it is
something to do with the Exchange server - Outlook 2003 has done
something to the Exchange server to stop it from working. The client
still works against another exchange server at the moment, though I
suspect that over time this will stop working as well. This is the
worrying aspect as you think it's working ok and then suddenly one
morning you come in and none of the Outlook 2003 clients will work
against the server.

Cheers
Gavin.

Roady

Try recreating the mailbox. Make sure you do an exmerge first to back up the
mailbox. If this doesn't resolve your problem or the problem re-occurs I
think you can better open a support issue with Microsoft. Note that you have
two free support tickets. If it is indeed an error on their end it could be
that they drop the charges anyway.

--

-----

GavinB said:
[...]

Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am having the same issue. I tried everything listed and still nothing works. Did you ever resolve the problem?