Outlook Outlook 2003 Error

Reaction score
I recently had to replace my c: drive. In doing so, I used the Seagate DiscWizard software to copy the contents of the old drive to the new one (same brand, same type, same size). With the new drive, ALMOST everything is working the same as before. However, the applications of Microsoft Office 2003 are misbehaving. The most bothersome of these misbehaviors affects Outlook. It loads normally and sends e-mail normally. However, it will not receive e-mail, instead displaying the following:

Task 'Earthlink - Receiving' reported error (0x8007007E); 'Unknown Error Ox8007007E'

For what it's worth, when I ran Outlook's Test Account Settings, the program reported that it found the incoming POP3 mail server. The main program never received the test message, however. I checked Outlook Express, and it did receive the test message.

When I tried the Detect and Repair command under Help, the following was displayed:

This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.

When I attempted to reinstall Outlook from the original Office 2003 installation disk, exactly the same "patch package" message appeared.

I've run Registry Mechanic, which made many corrections, none of which affected this Outlook problem.

SDTim

Ask a Question