Outlook 2003 calendar meetings: double booking of resources andupdate history

QH

Hi,

We run a Windows 2003/ Exchange 2003 environment, with Outlook 2003 as
our email client. I have had a complaint from one user because of a
double booking she has experienced last month. Basically, she booked
an all day appointment for the use of one meeting room, but someone
else was able to book the same meeting room as a resource for several
hours during that day. Now I have checked the user's calendar, and the
meeting appointment there is booked correctly. However, when I look at
the conflicting appointments from the perspective of different
calendars (by opening their mailboxes). I suspect that these
disparities are the potential symptomn of the cause of the double-
booking. I was wondering if there is anyway to see the history of
modifications / updates made to the meetings, so I can see where the
mistake / ommision might be?

Kind regards,

QH

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

All day events default to free - and unless the meeting is truly running
"all day" she should make the appointments for working hours, which default
to busy.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

QH

All day events default to free - and unless the meeting is truly running
"all day" she should make the appointments for working hours, which default
to busy.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
(e-mail address removed)

Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

You can access this newsgroup by visitinghttp://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspxor point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"QH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Thank-you very much for your response, but I am well aware that a full
day meeting is shown as 'free' by default. That is not the case here.
Is there any record of changes that have been made to an appointment
that I can view to see what has happened?

QH

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

no, appointment changes are not logged.

--