Outlook 07 Connector not working

Rugger

just installed the new version of Connector to Outlook 07. Once i did,
Send/Receive process stopped working. would start a send/receive and never
finish. Affected ability to receive not just my hotmail email, but also
email through my ISP accounts -- the ones i really care about.

also, while installed Outlook would not shut down on exit, but would
continue running in background (so says Process Explorer).

as soon as i uninstalled Connector, problems stopped, so i do think
something's wrong with new version of Connector.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Did you also install the Cumulate update from Feb? It shouldn't matter
either way... but we do need to figure out what is causing the problems as
its not just you. Note that the update fixes problems with outlook not
exiting, except with the connector.

Along with that - are you using XP or Vista? 32 or x64 version?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Rugger

Diane,

thanks for the response, and concern.

Running Vista home premium (32bit), outlook 07. Both are updated both
automatically and thru manual double checks on very regular basis.

my update history no longer shows anything related to Connector - I assume
it got deleted from windows update history when i uninstalled Connector --
but i'd assume the Feb was done, since i did manual windows updates after
that and it didn't come up as something to be installed.

problem started after i started getting notices that i needed to update
connector, so i downloaded the 3/27/09 12.1 connector update and installed.
i think i did the download from the Office Update site manually, but i'm not
100% sure on that.

hope it helps. any other questions, don't hesitate.

Bob

--
Bob

Rugger said:
just installed the new version of Connector to Outlook 07. Once i did,
Send/Receive process stopped working. would start a send/receive and
never
finish. Affected ability to receive not just my hotmail email, but also
email through my ISP accounts -- the ones i really care about.

also, while installed Outlook would not shut down on exit, but would
continue running in background (so says Process Explorer).

as soon as i uninstalled Connector, problems stopped, so i do think
something's wrong with new version of Connector.

Arlene

Maybe this will help:

4/9/09 Outlook began having serious issues when it was checking my Hotmail
account a few days ago for no apparent reason. Outlook would sporadically
receive mail from my Hotmail account but I could not open it in the reading
pane nor could I reply or send from Hotmail via Outlook. I kept getting the
cryptic messages below about invalid "security certificates" and "unavailable
service" and "authentication" issues. I Googled these messages and related
keywords and found others with the same messages and no solutions.
Resolution:
First update your Hotmail account to a Windows Live Hotmail account by
visiting the following Microsoft Web site, and then click Update your account
now: http://get.live.com/bgg Be warned that this installation is long and you
don't need to install all options.
After this, you install Microsoft Office Outlook Connector 12.1 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...B1-DF0A-46E1-AA93-7D4870871ECF&displaylang=en
When you're at the page above, download the file on that page name "RTW FAQ
final.docx" for some helpful detail.
I found out that if you don't install Windows Live first and convert your
Hotmail account to a Windows Live Hotmail account, you get this error message
when trying to install Microsoft Office Outlook Connector 12.1: Internal
Error 2203. C:\Windows\Installer\dc16d.ipi, -2147287035.
After converting to Windows Live and installing Microsoft Outlook connect,
you will see a Microsoft Outlook Connector dialog box when you launch Outlook
that is headed "Set up Outlook Connector to automatically synchronize your
Web-based accounts in Outlook." It asks for your hotmail address and
password. Also, Outlook it will automatically prompt you to create settings
for your converted Hotmail account to change it to a MAPI account. I had to
restart Outlook a time or two before all was well.
In Outlook, under Tools, Account Settings, you should see your newly created
MAPI Hotmail account listed under the E-mail tab with the name and "Type" now
says MAPI. Outlook also will now include "Server Status" information on the
status bar. I like this detail--helps in troubleshooting.

Rugger said:
just installed the new version of Connector to Outlook 07. Once i did,
Send/Receive process stopped working. would start a send/receive and
never
finish. Affected ability to receive not just my hotmail email, but also
email through my ISP accounts -- the ones i really care about.

also, while installed Outlook would not shut down on exit, but would
continue running in background (so says Process Explorer).

as soon as i uninstalled Connector, problems stopped, so i do think
something's wrong with new version of Connector.

mbsquared

Looks Like I am not alone. I keep downloading and booting and nothing seems
to help. Looks like this may have been released before it is ready. On my
first try I shut off Outlook and all my mail went to hotmail. I shut
everything off in hotmail and Outlook and I appear to be working now. I did
not uninstall.

Vista 32 Home Premium, Outlook 07. Every time something like this happens,
I loose a little more credability in Microsoft. Getting my hotmail in
Outlook is not that important to waste as much time as I have already. (Are
you listening Bill?)

I tried to check support and it said my product ID could not be found or was
invalid.

westmatrix

Task '(e-mail address removed) - Sending' reported error (0x8DE00006) : 'The
operation failed.'

Is there a limit to how many emails can be sent/received using microsoft
outlook connector?

DRC

Help! I cannot get the Outlook 07 Connector to work with my Hotmail live
account. It keeps bringing up the screen for the password. And it will not
allow me to save the password. The message is that it cannot save the
password to this device.

I need some feedback if anyone has any ideas how to get this set up. The one
on my desktop works great. This one not so great when I cannot get my emails.

Debbie

Emile

I am also having problems with Outlook Connector. I dont need my hotmail
account in Outlook. Can you please tell me how can i unistall Outllook
Connector? Thanks

Rich/rerat

Emile,
Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs> Select Microsoft Office Outlook
Connector> Remove> OK

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) <message rule>

"Emile" <emileaboumrad"hotmail.com> wrote in message
I am also having problems with Outlook Connector. I dont need my hotmail
account in Outlook. Can you please tell me how can i unistall Outllook
Connector? Thanks

C C

Following an email telling me that after September I would have to use it, I
downloaded and installed Outlook Connector. I use XP and Office 2007. Now
instead of being able to see all the emails in my Hotmail inbox I can only
see the two most recent...