Windows XP Outlok 2003/SP3 - In-mail always Plain Text

Reaction score
Since installing Office 2003/SP3 all my in coming mai is being shown in plain text.

I have not ticked the box which requests this.

Ticking the box, exiting Outlook then unticking doesn't work.

How can I change back to 'normal'

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update on this.

Other forums pointed the finger at AVG8. After some trouble (had to reinstall AVG to be able to deactivate e-mail certification) I eliminated that.

I had a Rule in Outlook to send unwanted mail to Outlook's Junk E-mail folder - these were the ones beilng changed.

When I created my own folder and changed the Rule to match it was OK.

It now looks like irrespective of whether you tick the box or not, Outlook changes the view to Plain text on anything it puts in the Junk folder.

Reaction score
Outlook will always only show text untill you allow HTML by clicking the lil yellow link at the topp pf the message.....

Reaction score
Madxgaphics,

Beg to differ. Outlook 2003 should either show all e-mails as plain, if the box is ticked, or 'as sent'; with default being as sent.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831607. which implies that the e-mail is not converted.

However:- The Infobar appears with 'This method was converted to plain text'; clicking on it gives the opetion to show as HTML (rarely choice of HTML or Rich text). The result is not always 100% - if the e-mail contains "links2 to paragraphs within the e-mail they do not work in the retored HTML.

Thanks for you interest in my enquiry.

Bill

Last edited:

Ask a Question