Outline Numbering Disappears after I close a document

Mary N.

Hi -

I used Shauna's very helpful document,
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numbering/OutlineNumbering.html, to set up my
headings in my MS Word 2007 document. Everything looked great until I closed
the document. When I re-open it, all the heading numbers are gone!

I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but I'm working in Word
2007, but the document is being saved as a .DOC and in compatibility mode.

Stefan Blom

Is the "Automatically update document styles" option checked in the
Templates and Add-Ins dialog box? If so, clear it and reapply heading
numbering.

To display the dialog box: First make sure that the Developer tab is
showing. In Office button | Word Options, Popular category, check the "Show
Developer tab in the Ribbon" option, and click OK. Then, on the Developer
tab, click the Document Template button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

in message
news:[email protected]...

Mary N.

This solution worked pefectly--thank you!

Stefan Blom said:
Is the "Automatically update document styles" option checked in the
Templates and Add-Ins dialog box? If so, clear it and reapply heading
numbering.

To display the dialog box: First make sure that the Developer tab is
showing. In Office button | Word Options, Popular category, check the "Show
Developer tab in the Ribbon" option, and click OK. Then, on the Developer
tab, click the Document Template button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

in message

Joined
Nov 2, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Heading Outline Numbers Gone

Hi
Even if "Automatically update document styles" option is unchecked, after reopening the document, all heading outline numbers are gone!
what is the solution????
Please help the problem

Shiva
One of Word End Users!

Stefan Blom said:
Is the "Automatically update document styles" option checked in the
Templates and Add-Ins dialog box? If so, clear it and reapply heading
numbering.

To display the dialog box: First make sure that the Developer tab is
showing. In Office button | Word Options, Popular category, check the "Show
Developer tab in the Ribbon" option, and click OK. Then, on the Developer
tab, click the Document Template button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news:[email protected]...