Other user contact in address book

G

Hi
This is a question from my CEO and its been troubleing me for days...
His secretary shared contacts...he has full permissions on them from his
laptop.

Question:
How can i view other user contacts (secretary-shared) in my address book...

So when he writes a new mail and presses "to" the shared contacts from his
secretary are not there...

Thanks

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The process of adding another user's Contacts folder to your own address book display is somewhat involved. You will need to be able to create -- at least temporarily -- an Outlook profile that opens another user's mailbox as the primary mailbox. Proceed with these steps while logged in under your own Windows account, not the other user's:

1. Create an Outlook profile that connects directly to the other user's mailbox, not your own, and start Outlook with that profile.

2. On the Properties dialog for the other user's Contacts folder, make sure that it's set to display in the Outlook Address Book and give it a display name other than contacts, such as Joe's Contacts.

3. Close Outlook.

4. In Control Panel | Mail, edit the *same profile* (i.e. the one from Step 1) to change the mailbox from the other user's to your own.

5. Still working with the same profile, on the Advanced tab of the Exchange Server service, add the other user's mailbox as a secondary mailbox.

6. Restart Outlook, and you should see the Joe's Contacts in your Outlook Address Book as well as your own Contacts folder.
s

Ask a Question