Oraganize favorites?

Hi, I have IE 6.0 I tried 7.0 BETA I didn't like it, deleted it and went
back to 6
My favorites list is quite long. I use it constantly as I assume most
people that use the web do. Suddenly my folders have mind of their own. The
most used ones that I had at the top of the list are now on the bottom.
There seems to be no way to Alphabetize the list. There is no Ascend or
Descend button to choose from. Even if I make a new folder with the letter
"A" it puts it at the bottom of the list. Is there any workaround for this?
Pulling the folders around makes me sleepy because it takes so long.
Thanks
Catt

antioch

Go to I.E. - click on Menu Favourites - right click on any item in the
list - down the bottom you will see Sort by Name. Doing one does the lot.
Antioch

Thanks but no, it does not work for me. First I have no "menu favorites" I
have Favorites which opens the favorites list. Theres nothing around that
says menu. When I right click the folder in the favorites list I get the
usual menu ( Expand, Explore, Open, Send to etc:) but there is nothing in the
menu for "sort by name" I use Windows XP and IE6. Am I missing something?
Catt

Richard in AZ

Yes, you are missing your MENU bar. The one that has FILE - EDIT - VIEW ,etc.
In that bar you will find the FAVORITES that we are talking about.
Right mouse click in the tool bar and see if the MENU BAR is unchecked.

Don Varnau

Hi,
Try (from the Start button) Start> Favorites> right-click> Sort by name.

Also, you won't be able to keep Favorites in any kind of order if you have
too many Favorites in a folder. The solution is to create more folders
within the Favorites folder.
See:
259735 - Favorites May Not Sort in Alphabetical Order

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Hi, thanks . The process you stated worked perfectly. Thanks. At least now
I can make a folder with the letter "A" at the beginning and use that to move
and extract links to drag and drop.
Thanks,
Catt

"Catt" <Catt[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi, I have IE 6.0 I tried 7.0 BETA I didn't like it, deleted it and went
back to 6
My favorites list is quite long. I use it constantly as I assume most
people that use the web do. Suddenly my folders have mind of their own.
The
most used ones that I had at the top of the list are now on the bottom.
There seems to be no way to Alphabetize the list. There is no Ascend or
Descend button to choose from. Even if I make a new folder with the
letter
"A" it puts it at the bottom of the list. Is there any workaround for
this?
Pulling the folders around makes me sleepy because it takes so long.
Thanks
Catt

Thanks but there is no "menu bar" option when I right click the tool bar
Catt