Optorite cdrw driver

G

I think my driver may be corrupted as the device wont recognise blank cdr's. I cant find my device on hcl but it worked great previously. The driver at present is a windows driver. I dont know how to find or download a new driver. Can anyone help?

P

Peter Hutchison

I think my driver may be corrupted as the device wont recognise blank cdr's. I cant find my device on hcl but it worked great previously. The driver at present is a windows driver. I dont know how to find or download a new driver. Can anyone help?

Load Device manager in Computer Management (or System control panel)
and see if its listed there. If theres a yellow exclamation, then
there is a problem with it. Most CDR/RW drives will use the driver
supplied with Windows XP. Try deleting it from Device Manager, reboot
and get XP to redetect it. If not, double check cabling to the CDR
drive.

Peter Hutchison

G

Thanks Peter. I have tried what you suggested but am still getting the message "please insert blanks cd-r in drive e and retry" when i try to burn. I am not confident about looking inside the tower to check connections and i am pretty sure these will be ok as the tower never gets moved or disturbed. when i insert a blank cdr the green light on the device flashes rapidly. could the problem be that i may have deleted something in the registry while using "registry mechanic" or an update downloaded from windows or symantec? The problem only seemed to start after doing these things.

Ask a Question