Thanks
Mark

B

Brad

A optical mouse needs a good pattern on the surface to work properly. I
had similar issues on a mouse pad with little colour variation. Threw
the pad away and it worked great.

Reaction score
An optical mouse is designed to work on most Non reflective un smooth surfaces, try using it will out the mouse pad, say on your trouser leg or settie arm even on a woeden computer desk top it should work fine.

optical mice work on light, a red LED emits the light (as you can see) and a small optical senser detects when the light differs which moves the cursor, but if on a reflective surface or clear surface like glass, it ether blinds the sensor or the light differs are to far away for the sensor to see and if the surface is completey smooth and one colour there are no light differs to detect.

See mouse pads was designed to be a smooth surface to aid the smooth control of the roller ball mouse.

I have optical mice on all my machines and gave my mouse pads away years ago, infact my mum had one and has just upgraded to an optical and now had thrown the mat away in frustration. she like me just using the desktop surface as the grain in wood is perfect.

M

Mark F.

Ask a Question