"Operation Failed" msg on hitting send/receive button - auto ok?

I have been using MS Outlook 2002 for over a year error free. However,
suddenly I get an "Operation Failed" error message every time I hit the
"Send/Receive" button. The automatic send and receive is still working, but
I cannot even get to the "send/receive" dialogue under mail setup options
because I get the same error message. Anyone any ideas??

Simon Dyson

Roady [MVP]

Locate the srs-file of your profile and rename it to .old. See if it wrks
now.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"Simon Dyson - Wimbledon" <Simon Dyson -
I have been using MS Outlook 2002 for over a year error free. However,
suddenly I get an "Operation Failed" error message every time I hit the
"Send/Receive" button. The automatic send and receive is still working, but
I cannot even get to the "send/receive" dialogue under mail setup options
because I get the same error message. Anyone any ideas??

Simon Dyson

Roady, thanks. I located 4 .srs associated with Outlook using Explore. I
was not sure whether to add the .old or replace the .srs with .old. In any
case the simple renaming process within explore would not allow me to rename
the files - an error msg about "files in use" etc - even though Outlook was
not open...

I am no systems programmer, could you add a couple more lines of help -
thanks!!

Roady [MVP]

See if the outlook.exe process actually quits as well when you close
Outlook. You can verify this by opening Task Manager and look at the
processes tab.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"Simon Dyson - Wimbledon" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Roady, thanks. I located 4 .srs associated with Outlook using Explore. I
was not sure whether to add the .old or replace the .srs with .old. In any
case the simple renaming process within explore would not allow me to rename
the files - an error msg about "files in use" etc - even though Outlook was
not open...

I am no systems programmer, could you add a couple more lines of help -
thanks!!

Roady, ok when I close Outlook there are still 2 outlook.exe(s) running. Simon

Roady said:
[...]

Roady, is that it? I am still stuck with my problem? Sorry about multiple
posts _ I kept getting an error msg indicating that the post had failed..

Simon