opens up wrong page for the msn.com or google.com

G

Hi
I've had a browser hijack for msn.com and google.com. Whenever I tried to access any of these sites, it used to be redirected to a certain "searchclick.net" site. Later I installed the Norton Internet Security Professional. And now whenever I try to access msn.com or google.com now, it takes me to a page which says"there is no website configured at this address" and the URL remains the same as msn.com or google.com.
I've tried rewriting the registries but all that lets me do is change the home page.
What can I do to access these sites without these erraneous messages??or bad pages?
Can anyone please help me?
Thanks
hira.

G

Download CWShredder http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.htm

----- hira wrote: ----

Hi
I've had a browser hijack for msn.com and google.com. Whenever I tried to access any of these sites, it used to be redirected to a certain "searchclick.net" site. Later I installed the Norton Internet Security Professional. And now whenever I try to access msn.com or google.com now, it takes me to a page which says"there is no website configured at this address" and the URL remains the same as msn.com or google.com.
I've tried rewriting the registries but all that lets me do is change the home page.
What can I do to access these sites without these erraneous messages??or bad pages?
Can anyone please help me?
Thanks
hira.

Ask a Question