OPEN and SHUT DOOR

Reaction score
Perhaps someone can advise as to why my CD/DVD drive (Fujitsu MPC 3102AT) has started acting up....insofar as, when I insert a disc in the drive and attempt to close the drawer (by pushing the close button) and run the CD/DVD...the drawer will not remain closed but will immediately re-open. This can happen several times until either it chooses to accept and run the CD...or I give up and use my other installed CD writer. The drawer will close normally upon shutdown of my PC.

Help please from a silver surfer!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It sounds like a faulty drive unfortunately - perhaps due to a jam inside? They are about £15 to replace if you want a new one.

Reaction score
i am far from a pro at this, so please dont flame me, but if the software is closing the drawer upon shutdown wouldnt that signify that the software is controlling the problem or could that at least be a possibility? would it be better to try and deleted and reinstalled the driver before replacing it?? maybe even looking for a new driver or possible reverting back to an older driver thats more trustworthy?

Reaction score
Let us have the spec of your PC what AV>AS>Cleaner Etc: are you using please:)

Reaction score
Thanks all...have just contacted a local PC builder, who reckons that the tray must have been forced either shut or open, putting the tray's drive teeth totally out of sync..I think that some 'little hands' have been at it, without telling Grandad?????????????????
Seems I'll need to buy my own Xmas Prezzie this year...Cheers all

Ask a Question