Outlook Ooutlook how to's and help please

Reaction score
Ok here is what I am getting with outlook 2010,when doing a busy search of ther calender this comes up:
"no information is available please contact your system administrator"

can some please give me step by step instruction on how to fix this please.:(

Reaction score
What operating system are you in? Which method are you using to search? Are you searching your own calendar, or a shared calendar?

Reaction score
It's possible. If you answer the other questions, I might be able to help you out. What operating system are they using? Which method of search is being used?

Reaction score
I won't be able to help you until you answer the other questions because they may be the cause of the problem. If you're working in Windows XP or Windows 7, the search in Outlook can work completely differently, depending on what is installed. If you're searching a calendar, or looking at Free/Busy time in the Scheduling Assistant for a meeting, the solution could be completely different. Can you please answer the following questions so that I can try to help you:

1. What operating system are you on?

2. How are you searching the calendar to receive the error message?

Reaction score
I won't be able to help you until you answer the other questions because they may be the cause of the problem. If you're working in Windows XP or Windows 7, the search in Outlook can work completely differently, depending on what is installed. If you're searching a calendar, or looking at Free/Busy time in the Scheduling Assistant for a meeting, the solution could be completely different. Can you please answer the following questions so that I can try to help you:

1. What operating system are you on?

2. How are you searching the calendar to receive the error message?

1. windows xp and windows 7, 2 different pc's.
2. this is what I do or the client: new Items-meeting then she put in the email address and change the date,location. Then click on meeting assistant. The print screen shot is attached.

Also this client just got a request from one of her employees to share her calender and he needs share his calender with her.

So I have 2 clients with same problem,one with xp and one with windows 7.And now they want need her to share her calender with him and or rest of her employees, and for him to share is calender.

If you can please give me step by step instructions please.

Attachments

• no busy information.jpg
    no busy information.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 139
Reaction score
Okay. Looking at the screen shot, the operating system for this problem doesn't matter, as it's not a problem with Search, or in particular Instant Search. What you can try from the client side is checking the calendar permissions for one of the users that you can't see information for and make sure they have Free/Busy data viewable by everyone. Another troubleshooting step would be to close Outlook on the PC that can't see Free/Busy data, then go to Start | Run and type "outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy" without the quotes. Barring any of that from working, it could very well be a problem with the Exchange Server. Let me know if that clears anything up for you and we can go from there.

Reaction score
I saw the other post, and did a bit of Googling, but I don't have Outlook 2010 to look through the menus. I think there's an option for it, I just can't find it without having the program accessible.

Reaction score
So what do to please.the steps to fix this please.And stepon how she can share her calender with permission please

Attachments

• permissions.jpg
    permissions.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 160
Reaction score
If it isn't the default calendar, there are a whole different set of steps to follow. The Free/Busy data only comes from someone's default calendar and, as far as I know, only works with an Exchange server as the back end. Is it someone's default calendar you are trying to share? Or a custom-created calendar?

Reaction score
At this point I'm going to ask you another question and give you some general advice about posting to these forums. I work full time and try to help out people on here when I have the time. To do so, it is much easier for me to answer your questions if you can provide as much information as possible. Saying that it doesn't work in Windows 7 can mean a lot of things (there was an error message, it was mistyped, it ran but it didn't work, outlook never opened, etc). When posting to these forums, please try to provide as much information as possible so that we can try to help you as much as possible. I am all for sharing information, but when providing one word answers or responses not even a sentence long, please do not get upset when it takes a lot of back and forth and possibly a long time to get a satisfactory outcome.

(Note to the moderators: If I'm overstepping my bounds and being a little grumpy, feel free to edit this as necessary :cheers:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
My car wont work! what is wrong with it?

... please email me the answer to my mobile so it can fix my car.

alow, no, you haven't overstepped any boundaries, you showed a lot of patience & restraint, is something I don't have these days. :)

Ask a Question