One Last Newsreader Question

Zone

I'm using Outlook Express for a newsreader. Is it possible to get it to
show me messages only on or after a certain date, or for a certain range of
dates? This would be a great help. I promise this is my last newsreader
question (for a while)! TIA, James

David Biddulph

Yes, use the Find button, or the Edit menu/ Find messages in this folder
..../ Advanced Find.

Zone

David, I know I said that was my last newsreader question, but I lied!
Using the Find button this way is very helpful. However, OE seems to be
keeping track of all messages since I set OE to work as my newsreader. Is
there anyway to permanently dump all those old questions, like the ones
prior to August 1, 2007? Thanks again, James

Jim Cone

James,
You can sort any column by clicking the column header.
You can add or delete columns by right-clicking the column heading.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Zone" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I'm using Outlook Express for a newsreader. Is it possible to get it to
show me messages only on or after a certain date, or for a certain range of
dates? This would be a great help. I promise this is my last newsreader
question (for a while)! TIA, James

David Biddulph

To avoid continuing OT postings to this group, remember that there are
newsgroups specifically for OE (just look for outlookexpress in the
newsgroup name), and that there is a help facility within OE.

To get rid of all old messages from your disk drive you can use the options
on the "Local file" tab, accessible through the Properties option if you
right-click on the folder name. There are also options available under
Tools/ Options/ Maintenance.

To get rid of messages beyond a given date, you can sort by date & then
Delete from the edit menu. Messages will, of course, still be accessible
for al long as they are on the news server, or can be retrieved via an
archive such as Google's, so you shouldn't need to keep them on your own
disk.

Sandy Mann

I assume that you have set the setting in View > Current View to Hide Read
or ignored Messages

--
HTH

Sandy