One for the Pedal Pushers

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
A new kind of bike lamp:

Straight out of the box, the Rydon Pixio comes charged with about two years of light. An embedded high-efficiency solar panel continues to charge as you ride. A single hour of sun produces three hours of LED light, and the battery is fully recharged—and good for another 2 years—after 5 sunny days.
Source: http://www.theatlanticcities.com/design/2013/07/bike-gadget-day-light-designed-live-forever/6297/

Here's how it looks:

[YouTube]5VGRKaTtGn0[/YouTube]

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
This looks especially good for kids, they never maintain anything on their bikes, least of all the lights.

I like the pink one. :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, I suppose everyone will be using them in the future. :)

Especially as the price gradually comes down.

Surprised no-one thought of it earlier.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'll have me some of that if I see 'em on sale.

When I read the first post I thought it was the whole bicycle that lit up. Imagine a strong frame, transparent, with illuminated tubes in each section, all charged from solar panels. A complete illuminated bicycle :)

Boing! Hello, is that the patents office...

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Brilliant as a safety feature but pretty useless as a headlight, you cycle down a pitch black path through a forest and I bet you wouldn't be able to see a thing, I know cause I have had to do that many times through epping forest with no streetlamps on the road!

Ask a Question