On-Screen Keyboard Malfunction

J

joar

Hello All!!!

I'm a disability person and need to use OSK.
Since I start using in XP I have been having the
same problem:
I start OSK and opens fine, then when I minimize
it for FIRST time and afterwards maximize, part
below menu is empty (blue)...I need to click in
Keyboard -> Enhanced Keyboard to keys reappear.
In the following min./max. have no problem.

There is some update who fix this bug?.

Thanks in advance
Jo_ar

R

Ronnie Vernon MVP

This sounds more like a problem with the display, not the OSK.

Go to the manufacturers website for the installed graphics card and check for any updated drivers. You might also try a different screen resolution or color depth in the Display Properties.

Take some of the workload off of the graphics card. Go to Control Panel/System/Advanced Tab/Performance Section/Settings Button. Select the "Adjust for best performance" option. Apply/OK.

In Control Panel, open Display/Settings Tab/Advanced Button/Troubleshoot Tab. Move the Hardware Acceleration Slider to the left at least 2 notches. Apply/OK.

J

joar

This sounds more like a problem with the display, not the OSK.

Go to the manufacturers website for the installed graphics card and check for any updated drivers. You might also try a different screen resolution or color depth in the Display Properties.

Take some of the workload off of the graphics card. Go to Control Panel/System/Advanced Tab/Performance Section/Settings Button. Select the "Adjust for best performance" option. Apply/OK.

In Control Panel, open Display/Settings Tab/Advanced Button/Troubleshoot Tab. Move the Hardware Acceleration Slider to the left at least 2 notches. Apply/OK.
Thanks Ronnie for your repply.
I'll follow your suggestions.

Jo_ar

Ask a Question