"On Behalf Of" Rule


A

Abdurrahman

Hi,
I'm using XPSP3, Outlook 2003 with Gmail Account
I'm receiving a huge number of mails everyday and there are a lot of mails
sent by mailing groups on behalf of some guys , i want to assign a rule to be
applied on the original sender not on the mailing group, for example if i
received a mail from the following sender :

(e-mail address removed); on behalf of; Example [[email protected]]

i want to move any mail coming from " (e-mail address removed) " to a specific
folder.
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Abdurrahman

Hi,
i've tried that but invain, i tried to put the full email then or the
username only but nothing moved. is there any solution for that ??

Regards,
Abdurrahman

Diane Poremsky said:
look for the email address using a words in the message header rule.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]



Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


Abdurrahman said:
Hi,
I'm using XPSP3, Outlook 2003 with Gmail Account
I'm receiving a huge number of mails everyday and there are a lot of
mails
sent by mailing groups on behalf of some guys , i want to assign a rule to
be
applied on the original sender not on the mailing group, for example if i
received a mail from the following sender :

(e-mail address removed); on behalf of; Example [[email protected]]

i want to move any mail coming from " (e-mail address removed) " to a specific
folder.
 
A

Abdurrahman

any updates regarding the issue ?

Abdurrahman said:
Hi,
i've tried that but invain, i tried to put the full email then or the
username only but nothing moved. is there any solution for that ??

Regards,
Abdurrahman

Diane Poremsky said:
look for the email address using a words in the message header rule.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]



Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


Abdurrahman said:
Hi,
I'm using XPSP3, Outlook 2003 with Gmail Account
I'm receiving a huge number of mails everyday and there are a lot of
mails
sent by mailing groups on behalf of some guys , i want to assign a rule to
be
applied on the original sender not on the mailing group, for example if i
received a mail from the following sender :

(e-mail address removed); on behalf of; Example [[email protected]]

i want to move any mail coming from " (e-mail address removed) " to a specific
folder.
 
B

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

i've tried that but invain, i tried to put the full email then or the
username only but nothing moved. is there any solution for that ??

Please state the exact text of the rule you tried but believe did not work.
 
A

Abdurrahman

Desired Mail Address:
(e-mail address removed); on behalf of; sousou sh [[email protected]]

Rule Configured as the following:
Apply this rule after the message arrives
with (e-mail address removed) in the message header
move it to the TEST folder
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Desired Mail Address:
(e-mail address removed); on behalf of; sousou sh [[email protected]]

Rule Configured as the following:
Apply this rule after the message arrives
with (e-mail address removed) in the message header
move it to the TEST folder

Try changing the "specific words" to "on behalf of" and add the "stop
processing more rules" action.
 
A

Abdurrahman

i tried to modify the rule as the following:
Apply this rule after the message arrives
with on behalf of in the message header
move it to the TEST folder
and stop processing more rules

and it doesn't work
BUT,
Actually, I'm receiving a lot of delegated mails from different contacts so
i need to assign a rule for each contact independently not for all delegated
mails.

i know that I'm little annoying but really it's a critical issue for my
business
Regards,
Abdurrahman

Brian Tillman said:
Desired Mail Address:
(e-mail address removed); on behalf of; sousou sh [[email protected]]

Rule Configured as the following:
Apply this rule after the message arrives
with (e-mail address removed) in the message header
move it to the TEST folder

Try changing the "specific words" to "on behalf of" and add the "stop
processing more rules" action.
 
A

Abdurrahman

Any Updates Regarding This issue ?

Abdurrahman said:
i tried to modify the rule as the following:
Apply this rule after the message arrives
with on behalf of in the message header
move it to the TEST folder
and stop processing more rules

and it doesn't work
BUT,
Actually, I'm receiving a lot of delegated mails from different contacts so
i need to assign a rule for each contact independently not for all delegated
mails.

i know that I'm little annoying but really it's a critical issue for my
business
Regards,
Abdurrahman

Brian Tillman said:
Desired Mail Address:
(e-mail address removed); on behalf of; sousou sh [[email protected]]

Rule Configured as the following:
Apply this rule after the message arrives
with (e-mail address removed) in the message header
move it to the TEST folder

Try changing the "specific words" to "on behalf of" and add the "stop
processing more rules" action.
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Abdurrahman

Is it mean that it's impossible to configure seperate rule for delegated
mails ?
or
someone else may have a sloution ?

Regards,
Abdurrahman
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top