OMG Lara is back. YIPPPPEEE Are u a fan?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've played most of the Tomb Raider games - 1,2,3, and Angel Of Darkness.

Never really could get into them though, movements were too fernicketty for me, all that jumping, shuffling along ledges hanging on by fingertips and stuff. Very frustrating trying to jump somewhere after the 20th attempt ;)

I did like the enviroments a lot though, good looking Gameplay, even in the early ones.

I just hope they've improved the game engine for this one. The fact it's only selling for 18 quid doesn't bode well though, in my book. We shall see.

Reaction score
not such a great fan of lara myself, but i thought the psone versions were very atmospheric and im not to sure about this new one coming out. it could go either way if eidos get their act together

Reaction score
not a fan

the grid system didn't work, and even when they removed it it was clunky and linear.

it all went wrong after tr2

then again, ive never really been a fan. i prefer shooting people in first person. or in a well known city created by a developer rhyming with popstar...

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I've played most of the Tomb Raider games - 1,2,3, and Angel Of Darkness.

Never really could get into them though, movements were too fernicketty for me, all that jumping, shuffling along ledges hanging on by fingertips and stuff. Very frustrating trying to jump somehwere after the 20th attempt ;)

I did like the enviroments a lot though, good looking Gameplay, even in the early ones.

I just hope they've improved the game engine for this one. The fact it's only selling for 18 quid doesn't bode well though, in my book. We shall see.

Mate the price has nothing to do with it.

I only paid £18 for Farcry, Pariah and D3 ressurection. I assure you those games werent crap!!

Reaction score
yes but we get the impression that the new lara will be a bit crap if it starts at £18...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Mate the price has nothing to do with it.

I only paid £18 for Farcry, Pariah and D3 ressurection. I assure you those games werent crap!!

You have a point there actually, I too only paid £18.00 for both Far Cry and UT2004 when they were first released.

Like I said, I hope it's good, I really do. I shall await the reviews with interest :)

Reaction score
games like Far cry werent retailed originally at 18 quid, all im saying is most games that are predicted to START at 18 quid tend to be a bit average

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
games like Far cry werent retailed originally at 18 quid, all im saying is most games that are predicted to START at 18 quid tend to be a bit average

Well, sorry mate, but actually it was only £18.00 originally.

Or at least it was from play.com, if you pre-ordered. Once Far Cry was released, it actually went up in price, to £25.00 if I remember correctly. Same with UT2004 as well. I'm just talking play.com's pricing here.

Reaction score
yeah online thats true, but high street shops didnt start far cry at 18 quid, i know, i paid £32.97 at asda and i might have the recipt still :D

(yes i realised i was ripped off)

Reaction score
Farcry was retailed at £18 when it was released. Play.com never reduced their price, that was their RRP to my knowledge from day one.

Just because something is cheap does not make it not woth having.

People here know i'm a great beleive in value for money and getting what you pay for. Now if I hadnt bought all the other games I mentioned earlier purely on the price band then I would have missed out on a massive amount of entertainment.

However we all have our own opinion to uphold. Lets hope that the few sceptics there are of you reading this thread have a change of mind when purchasing classic games in the future

Thankyou Floppy for clarifying that for me ;)

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Just because something is cheap does not make it not woth having.

very true, i got Operation flashpoint for less than a fiver, soldiers: heroes of WW2 for 8 quid amd haegemonia for less than a tenner. they are all quality games and i agree with what you said totally.

however back the new lara game, i think that judging by TR: AOD and the few before im not to sure that this new one will be as great as you say it will be. But lets hope Eidos make a good game of it :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
all the tomb raider games were poor IMO, they took ages for you to achieve something and even then as flopps said it took a million attempts (in my case) to do it

Ask a Question