Crysis: Warhead - OMG, i cant believe i forgot about this!

Reaction score
LMAO yeah i was looking at that yesterday

Was gonna mention it but thought how would anyone forget ;)

hehehe

You would think for someone that does a lot of reviews like he does, he would put a bit more effort into his voice. Sooo monotone!

Mul TI player whats that all about ;)

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Might have to give this one a go :)

Been looking for a new good game since I finished Mass Effect :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sooooo.

Those that played it what you think?

I started it on Saturday, finished it on Sunday. :(

Knew it was short, but not that short. Shame cas it was brilliant. :D

Oh well, on to STALKER: Clear Sky. :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Looking forward to it, though im going to wait till its drops in price :)

Oh, i suggest waiting on getting Clear Sky, heard its very very buggy at the moment - just like pre patched Stalker

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I shall probably buy this today as I'll be going past Bluewater, providing it's not more than £20.00 in GAME store, anyway.

I just hope it doesn't have any silly 'lost in space' or 'pilot the aircraft' bits, they spoilt it for me.

In fact, after I kept crashing the aircraft, I quit Crysis and haven't been back to it.

The jungle combat parts were great though.

How soon Far Cry 2 I wonder?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Ordered it from play about 5 days ago still hasn't turned up.

I found Medal Of Honor Airborne in a bargain bucket at HMV for £1.99, is really hard and a bit crap. Oh well can't complain at £2.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I shall probably buy this today as I'll be going past Bluewater, providing it's not more than £20.00 in GAME store, anyway.

I just hope it doesn't have any silly 'lost in space' or 'pilot the aircraft' bits, they spoilt it for me.

In fact, after I kept crashing the aircraft, I quit Crysis and haven't been back to it.

The jungle combat parts were great though.

How soon Far Cry 2 I wonder?
£20 is about the going rate for it flops. :)

No space stuff or flying that crap VTOL either. :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UBI-Soft-Fa..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1222346083&sr=1-3

Farcry 2 is out on the 24th Oct. Hopefully, i have that and CoD5 on preorder. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Got it today from GAME for £20.00. It's actually £15.00 inc del at Play.com if you don't mind waiting a few days.

I'm loading it now. Does it take a long time to load because it's been over 30 minutes on the first disk now and the status indicators are only up to 'Preparing Install'.

Me thinking something wrong here.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, never mind, there's this Download Manager' which had shrunk to the Task bar, I just noticed it.

I really hate this DRM crap. Apparently, five installs of this then you have to phone EA to activate it again.

I am seriously thinking of ditching new games on PC's and getting me's a console.

A console and a big high def TV would be good. And I wouldn't have to suffer all this activation crapola then.

And as much as I don't favour Sony I'd probably go for a PS3 as they seem better than X-Boxes and you can use a mouse and keyboard with them.

And then, apart from saving one PC with Win 98 and XP on for old games, I could use Linux for all the serious stuff.

Sounds like a plan :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh, this is good, this is very very good :)

It's everything the first game should have been. And the first game was mostly good.

So what's the second disk for then? Do you have to put that one in part way through the game cos the game loaded without the second disk.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Blimey, either I've got pants at fps's or this game is hard.

Definitely not a game to play after consuming several pints of Guinness ;)

I shall persevere, sober, later this afternoon.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, I have to be honest and say I'm really not enjoying this.

I still haven't got past the early part on the beach. I just keep getting killed and have to play it all through again.

I've played it through so many times now I'm sick of it. So I thought I'd try a cheat just to get through that part (although if the beginning is this hard I expect the rest of the game will be worse) and within Vista I opened the config file for the difficulty I'm playing at, edited it, but I can't save it, it just won't save. Probably Vista's over zealous security.

So, I'm gonna give it one last try tomorrow and if I'm still just getting annoyed with it, it's going to the second hand shop. And the original Crysis as well, I don't think I'll play that again, it was good up to the part where you had to make your way through the Aliens place and after that, imo, it was a bit crap.

I don't think I'm that bad at games, I've finished almost all fps's I've bought and there's been quite a few of them.

But, I'll be quite honest, Crysis and Crysis Warhead have both been disappointments for me.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
How much do you want for the original Crysis. :D

Thanks for the offer but I may not sell them. Crysis itself, despite my criticism, is a benchmark game and not without it's enjoyable moments. Kinda like the original Half Life really, that was a benchmark and a landmark but both Half Life & Crysis are flawed by the Alien parts.

I'm going to load Warhead onto my AMD/XP machine and see if I can enable the cheat. I rarely ever use cheats for games but Warhead has poxed me off and I'm curious as to the rest of the game.

As for selling, if I was going to.... You can get Crysis for £21.00 used on Playcom and Warhead, also on Play.com, is £15.00, that's £36.00 total and I think that includes postage.

So I'd sell the pair for £30.00 inc postage and would also only sell them as a pair.

But - I'm not selling. Yet. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thought you'd think again. :p I'm patient, after all you sold me the HL2 set pretty darn cheap.
bowdown.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question