Omega Drivers

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I have heard good thing about Omega drivers in the past. Just recently the programmer has released newer drivers for ATI and Nvidia cards. Has anyone ever used Omega drivers? i think i may get these, eventually. But for now, im gonna read up a bit more. :D

Omega Drivers

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I use Omega drivers but get them from here . They seem to work ok .

http://www.guru3d.com/

happywave.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
you can also get them from Driverheaven as well :D
if you have questions, that where he is

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
What do Omega drivers have that 'normal' drivers dont? Have you noticed a difference?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Haven't a clue mate . I needed some drivers for a secondhand card that came with no disc . Searched around and found Guru3d . Read a bit about the Omega drivers and thought they would do . They came with a few handy tools like MultiRes and Ati Tray tool . So far they seem to work fine , tried the ones for Radeon and Navida .

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I used to use the Omega drivers a lot.

But...... they actually scored less in benchmark tests and although they did actually work fine I could discern no difference in performance (talking games here primarily) between them and the official video drivers from ATI and Nvidia.

Reaction score
Well yea this is good site for omega drivers but i think the best site to download any kinda drivers is drivers.com

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Did you notice any visual improvments Flops? I heard that was one thing they do better than drivers from nvidia

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alf said:
Did you notice any visual improvments Flops? I heard that was one thing they do better than drivers from nvidia

Blimey Alf, we going back a coupla years here but if I search the old grey matter, yes, I believe that was the one area where they scored.

Definitely richer graphics as I remember.

Whether or not you could get the same effects through tweaking Windows and Monitors settings, I know not.

Summing up, I'd say Omega drivers work, they may possibly give you an improvement in a small way but they really ain't nothing to get too excited about.

Ask a Question