OLE server

sam

I continue to get a pop up window when I attempt to place
a photo on form, the window reads something like this:
"The connection with the OLE server was lost, or the OLE
server encounter an error while you were using it.
Restart OLE server, and then try operation again."
How does a user restart the OLE server? and outside of
Access too?

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi Sam,

Your error is related to the associated program for the photo image you are
trying to embedd in Microsoft Access. Example:

- Microsoft Photo Editor is the default program for JPG images on your
machine.
- You uninstall Microsoft Photo Editor or the installation of the program
becomes damaged
- Now when you attempt to embedd an image you receive the error you stated

Recommendations:
- Determine what's the file extension of the photo you are attempting to
embedd
- Within Windows Explorer select the menu option Tools > Folder Option
- Select Files Types
- Locate the extension and determine the default program it opens with
- Double check to ensure that the program that is listed is working (open
up the program)
- If it's a JPG image then you would need to have a program as the default
that is OLE Server compliant (e.g., Microsoft Photo Editor)

Related knowledge base article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;294255

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: "sam" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "sam" <[email protected]>
| Subject: OLE server
| Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:29:16 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted
|
| I continue to get a pop up window when I attempt to place
| a photo on form, the window reads something like this:
| "The connection with the OLE server was lost, or the OLE
| server encounter an error while you were using it.
| Restart OLE server, and then try operation again."
| How does a user restart the OLE server? and outside of
| Access too?

Thanks for trying but this did not work I'm opening the
jpg and bmp with Microsoft Picture Manager and JASC
software and neither one works I continue to get a pop-up
window. The last on read:
"A problem occurred while Microsoft Office Access was
communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control.
Close OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft
Access. Then try the orginal operation again in Microsoft
Office Access."
Is there any more suggestions that I could try?

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi Sam,

There's your problem. Install Microsoft Photo Editor and make it the
default program to open your JPEG files.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: <[email protected]>
| Sender: <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: OLE server
| Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:34:19 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted
|
| Hi,
| Thanks for trying but this did not work I'm opening the
| jpg and bmp with Microsoft Picture Manager and JASC
| software and neither one works I continue to get a pop-up
| window. The last on read:
| "A problem occurred while Microsoft Office Access was
| communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control.
| Close OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft
| Access. Then try the orginal operation again in Microsoft
| Office Access."
| Is there any more suggestions that I could try?

| >|
| >| I continue to get a pop up window when I attempt to
| place
| >| a photo on form, the window reads something like this:
| >| "The connection with the OLE server was lost, or the
| OLE
| >| server encounter an error while you were using it.
| >| Restart OLE server, and then try operation again."
| >| How does a user restart the OLE server? and outside of
| >| Access too?
| >|