Old laptop/ can't get the resolution right

Reaction score
Hey Pcr's. Question for a Compaq Armada 100s laptop. I have just reinstalled windows 2000 pro onto the unit. Now the unit was made in 2000 and is built for 98. But I want 2k on it cause i can't get the wireless to work in 98. But the video driver is getting me really frustrated.

I don't know if this is common amoung laptops, but I can't see a whole internet page, I always have to scroll up and down and left to right. I tried increasing the resolution, but it actually just makes all the icons and desktop bigger. Meaning after increasing the res you cannot see the start button because it is below the screen. Lowering the res makes the whole window smaller, there is actually like 3cm of black arond my desktop. I'm stuck using 800/600 which looks fine, but again, internet pages and other similar things don't fit on the screen. I tried obtaining the correct video driver from the compaq site but it is for win 98se and actually errored out. I've got everything else working just great, but this res thing. Any ideas?

Compaq Armada 100s
AMD k-6 proc
187,888 kb ram (which is just odd looking
Windows 2000 pro serivice pack 3

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Drivers ... if they don't do em for 2000 then try WinME :eek:

:D

Ask a Question