Old Amazon Comments

Reaction score
I have used Amazon.co.uk before and I found their level of service good, with reasonable pricing.

The price is quoted with the VAT (Value Added Tax, 17.5% in UK) included, without the shipping costs. The cost of shipping depends on what you buy, so for everything you buy from Amazon, add on the relevant costs detailed here.

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
Online retailer that I've had good experience with. Very reliable.

Reaction score
I've just bought a Canon Powershot A40 digital camera from Amazon. The price was the cheapest I could find and delivery was very fast. My only criticism is that they stated the camera would be delivered by first-class mail, which arrives before I leave for work in the morning. In fact it came by Parcel Force and needed a signature. As I wasn't at home when Parcel Force arrived it was not delivered, but I managed to pick it up that evening from the local Parcel Force depot. Not a major problem, but they could have made it clear on their web site. With hindsight, it is probably better to have to sign for delivery as it is more secure. Overall, though, excellent price and service.:)

Reaction score
Amazon is the origional Internet sucess story, aside from the fact that for the best part of its existance it has only broken even, never making a profit, it has always grown and explored new markets.

Only recently has amazon been making money proving that the bursting internet bubble does not spell doom and gloom for every one.

I must of spent in excess of £200 from amazon, buying all of my university books, the occasional birthday present and many computer books to add to my collection.

To be quite honest in all the time I have been using them I have never had recorse either to return anything or complain about the service. All in all a very good service and a very good site.

Reaction score
Solid, reliable...

I've used Amazon dozens of times. They've got some really good ideas - their 'wishlist' feature is excellent for this time I've year - most of my extended family now uses it!

They're often the cheapest, not always the fastest - but they're completely reliable IME. They've got the message that if you don't deliver people's presents in time for Christmas when you said you would, you'll lose them for ever. I've learned to trust them over the past few years.

I haven't needed their customer service dept myself, but my brother did - and they were excellent in sorting out getting an 18th birthday present there on time after they'd (initially) cocked up.

Reaction score
Amazon Order

Ordered a Pioneer DV565S from Amazon on 12/1, when website stated delivery in 1-2 weeks. Product still hasn't arrived and could take upto 16/2 to reach me.
I suggested to Amazon that they should change their product availability time to indicate that it could take much longer for them to fulfill the order than the 1-2 weeks indicated. Their response is that if someone puts an order in now, it will only take 1-2 weeks BUT if it is delayed then they will tell the customer at the time.

Below is copy of email:

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

When we determine that a customer's order is going to miss its
initial availability promise, Amazon.co.uk automatically notifies
customers by e-mail of any delay to an order.

To provide improved customer service, the e-mail delivers
notification of any new changes to delivery estimates that may arise
as a result of supply fluctuations or may cancel an item should it
prove to be unobtainable.

Our website still reflects the correct information, as we expect to
receive stock now within 1-2 weeks. If you were to place an order
for the "Pioneer DV-565S Silver Multi-region DVD Player" today, we
would expect to be able to fulfil your order within this time and
would inform you of any changes to this availability estimate.

I hope this e-mail clarifies this situation for you. Thank you for
choosing Amazon.co.uk.

Reaction score
Re: Amazon

Amazan are good, Slow delivary, cheap products (I spent £2.40 for Lemmings!)

VERDICT: Good, Worth Using

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score

I have bought many things from amazon from shoes, watches, DVD's, CD's, DVD Players, Jwellery, and never ever had any problems. I hesitate placing order to any other vendor.

Reaction score

I used them at Christmas so my delivery took longer(as expected,) but all arrived well packaged.
Bad point I could not track my order.

Reaction score

I'm a huge Amazon fan. Best service I ever had from them was ordering a book in the morning which arrived at my workplace that afternoon. Never had a problem with them.

Reaction score

I have used Amazon a few times for a few different things and in general my experience has been good/OK.
However, I placed an order for 2 CD's on 11th Jan 2005. One was sourced through a 3rd party in Canada and the other sourced in the UK. UK despatch did not occur until late January and I alerted them to the fact that I had not recieved any goods on 6th February. A replacement order was set up from the UK for Item #1 which was not despatched until 22nd February!!! Order #2 coming from Canada seems to have been completely lost, perhaps in customs, I am still waiting to hear from the 3rd party supplier...or customs.
Its 3rd march and neither item has been recieved. Is this a record?

Reaction score
I must agree with all the above comments.
We have bought a printer,extra inks,a vacum cleaner.And now at this time of year books cds etc.
Yes we think Amazon are good.
historian

Ask a Question