Oki ML 390 Elite: Problem with Top of Form

T

Thomas Hoffmann

Hi
We would like to use our Oki390ML-Printers in our office. We are working with forms, in which we have to print very near of top.
Problem is, that the halfautomatic draw-in of sheets moves the sheet approximately 1 inch below the top of sheet. Its not possible, to go below this level, manual says for reason of avoiding paper-jam.
It seems to be impossible to move the drum back by software. The drum does not react to commands which should move the paper back.

Can anybody imagine any workaround? Or are there functions in the oki-setup, which are not mentioned in the manual and which reduce the far draw-in of paper?
Thanks TH

T

Thomas Hoffmann

Hi Richard
I think that it's unrealistic to expect any printer to be able to work too close to the top border. My HP inkjets won't, either. But it would also be unrealistic of OKI to enforce such an unreasonable limitation on its customers.

Our Oki 3390 do this very well, printing close to the top border.
What I suggest is that you test it out by making test sheets that have imaging progressively closer and closer to the top margin. See exactly where it screws up, then back off a bit for reliability. See if this works. Otherwise, you may have to use a special networked printer just for this special application.

The issue is not paperjamming in our Oki 390. These printers just do not allow to print close to the top border. It is empossible to enforce them to do so. And, as I recently was told by OKI, this cannot be changed unfortunately, so we will give our 390er needle printers away.

Yours
Thomas

Ask a Question