Windows XP ohci1394.sys is corrupt

Reaction score
I am having a problem, I have a used laptop that I purchased. I was advised by the previous owner that there was a harddrive problem with it, so I bought and new one and replaced it. upon attempting to install WinXp Pro, I got an error "ohci1394.sys is corrupt" press any key to restart. when I restarted, I got a different error " pci.sys is corrupt".
I am not too shabby on computers, but I cant seem to find an answer to my problem.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Reaction score
enfrcr3115 said:
I am having a problem, I have a used laptop that I purchased. I was advised by the previous owner that there was a harddrive problem with it, so I bought and new one and replaced it. upon attempting to install WinXp Pro, I got an error "ohci1394.sys is corrupt" press any key to restart. when I restarted, I got a different error " pci.sys is corrupt".
I am not too shabby on computers, but I cant seem to find an answer to my problem.

Thanks to anyone who can help

May be worth looking at this http://www.jsifaq.com/subk/tip5400/rh5410.htm

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
XP installation errors are usually cased by bad RAM ... however, the Open Host Controller Interface error may be cased by a faulty HD cable/hard drive or wrong HD settings.

Check your mem first ... do you have enough for XP? :thumb:

Reaction score
The application fails before reaching the recovery console and I cant access it.

I have 512 MB RAM....unless it has gone bad....

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
enfrcr3115 said:
The application fails before reaching the recovery console and I cant access it.

I have 512 MB RAM....unless it has gone bad....
Was the thing working before you changed the drive?

What are we talking about anyway? ... specs on the system would help. ;)

Reaction score
It would go through POST before, but would hang before initializing the OS. I ran a "chkdsk /r" in the recovery console, but it advised that there were too many errors to correct, so I replaced the hard drive. now it wont even let me get to the recovery console during new install of the OS before advising of the new errors.

I am using a Gateway 2.2 Ghz Pentium Processor 512 MB RAM and 40 Gig hardrive.

Ask a Question