Oh the irony!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I woke up this morning to find none of the taps working, and basically no water. Rang United Utilities to see what was wrong and they said to wait a while and ring back to see if there is a burst pipe (did a few tests here to check it wasn't at this end).

Anyway... rang them again and their phoneline has a recorded message saying anyone in M13 Manchester will have no water as a pipe is burst.

Here's the funny thing it is on hathersage road right outside the United Utilities headquarters :lol: I can see the building right out of my window :)

Oh the irony! I bet the people inside there think it must be a practical joke!!!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I woke up this morning to find none of the taps working, and basically no water. Rang United Utilities to see what was wrong and they said to wait a while and ring back to see if there is a burst pipe (did a few tests here to check it wasn't at this end).

Anyway... rang them again and their phoneline has a recorded message saying anyone in M13 Manchester will have no water as a pipe is burst.

Here's the funny thing it is on hathersage road right outside the United Utilities headquarters
laughingsmiley.gif
I can see the building right out of my window :)

Oh the irony! I bet the people inside there think it must be a practical joke!!!
Well Thames water issued a hose pipe ban a few weeks ago, even though they are the biggest company for water leaks. A friend who's garden needed a bit of water awoke the other morning to find his front garden under 3 feet of water due to a burst pipe, seems they can't find the source of the leak, his grass however now looks lovely and lush, and to cap it all he got a letter this morning reminding of the hose pipe ban:lol:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Ian Cunningham
Here's the funny thing it is on hathersage road right outside the United Utilities headquarters
laughingsmiley.gif
I can see the building right out of my window :)

Well best thing to do Ian, is wait till it starts to rain , coz thats when they will all come out with buckets to fill up their reservoir and then politely ask them to fix your leak . Just go straight to the person with the big red bucket as they will be in charge :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Rush said:
Just go straight to the person with the big red bucket as they will be in charge :thumb:
That's not a bucket ... that's his hat. ;)

:D

Ask a Question