Office outlook 2007 window will not open why?

K. Orland

No of course not. We were all technically challenged at one time or another!

Do a file/folder search for *.pst. Make sure in the advanced options to
include hidden files and folders. The default name for the PST file is
outlook.pst unless it has been renamed (you or someone else for any reason).

You may want to use Windows Explorer first to unhide hidden folders and
files plus add known file extensions so that you can see entire filenames.
Tools > Folder Options > View. Check the radio button that says Show hidden
files and folders and uncheck the box that says Hide file extensions for
known file types. It will make it much easier to search for the PST file.

Cannot open outlook 2007

hello,
I am also having problems since doing an update. OS is Vista, 32 bit. I have
worked on this for days and tried EVERY fix I could find and nothing. Will
not start in Safe Mode

Here is the message I get
"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The
set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file
C:\Users\PATHWAYS\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook
and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool
(Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information
about the Inbox repair tool, see Help."

Please help fix this problem.

Kathleen Orland

Did you repair the PST file using scanpst.exe? If you have, if it found
errors then you should always rescan. When it scans completely through
without finding any further errors, then try opening Outlook.

If you haven't scanned the PST file, the error message is telling you what
is wrong and what the solution is. Do you need help with how to do this?

"Cannot open outlook 2007" <Cannot open outlook

wangdong

If you could not fix your problem with scanpst.exe, you can try
another 3rd part pst-repair tool called Advanced Outlook Repair. You
can download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe
.. I think it is a useful repair tool for you. It is easy to recover
your PST file by using its wizard. It is a powerful tool to recover
messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft
Outlook PST files.

Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aor/

Wangdong

Sunnyridge

Had the same problem, tried the other solutions , but these did not work.
This worked straight away. Many thanks.

rcdoshi

Thank you very much. I found this thread; tried it, and wow! it worked!! - It
was so easy after wasting a lot of time before finding this thread - I think
you have helped many people other than the original requester. Thanks a
million! - R. Doshi

motu

Many thanks from me too! This thread helped me out too after puzzling for
quite a time. Thanks again, motu

guymaine

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am tearing my hair out running from site
to site -- none of their suggestions are working for me. Running Win7 and
Office Pro 07.

Gordon

guymaine said:
Did you ever resolve this issue? I am tearing my hair out running from
site
to site -- none of their suggestions are working for me. Running Win7 and
Office Pro 07.

So what "sites" and what "suggestions" aren't working? How can anyone
POSSIBLY suggest a solution when you haven't told us what you have tried...