Office 2007 - sent email question

Reaction score
I have 3 email profiles currently visable in Outlook 2007 - up until recently they all worked fine. I just recently put my computer to sleep and upon wakeing it up 2 of my 3 pst files were corrupt. I ran scanpst and then rebooted - all email functions were restored, except one.

MSA is my default email - when replying to a CMD email it appears to send out in the MSA profile and it use to put the sent email back in the sent folder with CMD even though it went out via the default, MSA. I also have CS as a third email - and it too is no longer putting the sent file back in the right sent folder. CMD an CS were the two pst files that broke and were fixed.

I have looked at all my settings... but I still can't figure it out. I have not found a way to set up a rule that will move a CMD sent email while sent thru my default account (MSA) to the sent folder of CMD without leaving a copy in the MSA sent folder (I don't want a copy left behind). This was not the case before the pst files somehow got corrupt. What is really interesting is now while I am in MSA and I send /reply to a CMD email the send / receive function in the bottom right corner shows it sending 3 of 3 emails (or any email)... it is checking MSA, CMD and CS one at a time to be sent... I don't remember it doing that, maybe it always did. It always showed it sending thru MSA – and then would pop it into the right folder.

MSA is set to default - I can see CMD & CS while I am in it and receive just fine. It is the reply function that is not putting the sent file in the CMD or CS sent folder.... really strange, cuz it worked before.

Have any thoughts?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Tools>Rules And Alerts>Start with Blank Rule>Check after sending

This should allow you to specify when sending from a specific address. Choose the ability to move rather than copy.

Ask a Question