Office 2003 Custom Installation Wizard

G

I have run the Custom Install Wizard to include the Outlook Address Book.

I run the setup file for Outlook 2003 (Corporate version from Exchange
Server 2003) using: "\\ss-server\clients\Outlook2003\setup.exe"
TRANSFORMS="\\ss-server\clients\Outlook2003\Outlook Setup File.MST" /qb-

Everything appears to work correctly except the Address Book is missing.

I can add it manually, but it is not the desired way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gary

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Under some circumstances, the Outlook Address Book service will not get added to a new mail profile, even though the .mst file includes a .prf file that should add it. The solution is to use the CIW to create another .prf file and just export it from the CIW; don't include it in the .mst file. In this one, you'll want to set it to modify the existing profile, not create an Exchange account, and add the Outlook Address Book. You can deploy that .prf file as an additional file with the CIW installation, post in on your intranet, etc. and tell users to run it if they have problems getting their Contacts to show up in the Outlook Address
Book.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003

and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

Reaction score
I had the same issue but used CMW to fix it

For some reason Custom Installation Wizard doesn't like Outlook address books. I created about 5-10 different custom installations, all of which worked fine except for adding the address book. After a day of banging my head against the desk I tried using the Custom Maintenance Wizard, entered all the info as done in Custom Installation and added the address book under the ADD Accounts window number 14 of the wizard.
Ran the CMW application with the file created and from there on any new user that used Outlook received their address book.

Ask a Question