Off-topic: Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise edition has a bug

R

RayLopez99

Bug in rendering a .docx file in Office 2007 Enterprise edition. There's abug in Office Enterprise 2007. Read below.

The same file, when run in Windows 2007, and having the same file size, will sometimes lose characters when displayed on different computers. The characters lost are either carriage return or whitespace, so that a sentence "Johnny is a little boy" will read "Johnny is a littleboy", especially (but not always) if there is a carriage return after 'little'.

The only difference between the two systems (since the file size is exactlythe same, so it cannot be an error in transmitting the file): one is Windows 7 that has the latest security patches (since it is an Genuine Advantagetrue copy) while the other Windows 7 machine is a pirate OS version (but it has no viruses) that does not have the latest patches since 2011. Since then, I recall Microsoft released many different patches for Office 2007, so they may have fixed this bug but it's not showing up in the pirate OS version copy of Office (which is otherwise identical between the two machines)..

It's the strangest thing I've ever seen in a Microsoft product.

RL

C

Carpe_Diem

John Doe schreef op 1/03/2014 10:53:
Regular Google Groups troll...
Looking at your contributions to this NG, I begin to wonder :
WHO is the troll?

Ask a Question