Ode to Kurttrail...

Winux P

Where have all your posts gone Kurt? My reading of these threads has been
rudely interrupted.

Could one corporate conglomerate be so threatened by a mere mortal
individual?

Is there something we should know about Microsoft Windows XP that is being
refrained from us? I'm starting to wonder.

Just who is truly the weak?

- Winux P

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

If you are not seeing his posts, the posts are there so the problem is most
likely at your end.

George

He isn't showing up in my reader either. When I do a find and see his posts
it shows them as, "Message is no longer available on the server"...last one
on 3/10/06.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
He was posting yesterday.

Leythos

He isn't showing up in my reader either. When I do a find and see his posts
it shows them as, "Message is no longer available on the server"...last one
on 3/10/06.

Try the web interface, that's MS's server. If you have expired articles,
then it's the server you are using.

jwill

Leythos said:
Try the web interface, that's MS's server. If you have expired articles,
then it's the server you are using.

I am using Microsofts server on Thunderbird and I get the same "Message
is no longer available on the server"

Jerry

Leythos

I am using Microsofts server on Thunderbird and I get the same "Message
is no longer available on the server"

Well, maybe they've had so many posts that his have fallen off, or maybe
he's entered the same light as "pcbutts1" has.

jwill

Leythos said:
Well, maybe they've had so many posts that his have fallen off, or maybe
he's entered the same light as "pcbutts1" has.

I will bet ya if you clear of the posts in this group you will not see
his posts either. Me I couldn't care either way.

Jerry

RA

jwill said:
I will bet ya if you clear of the posts in this group you will not see
his posts either. Me I couldn't care either way.

Jerry

Someone is doing a lot of clearing in the groups. One poster who changes her
name a lot and used to hang out here until she went to Mac has been wiped
off of the Publisher group. You can see the posts in Google but any post
with her latest alias anywhere in the post is gone after a reload of OE.

RA

Reload your OE and you won't find his name anywhere. I saw several posts
this morning and my OE did an auto cleanup and they weren't there anymore.
He is aware of it because on his website he listed all his posts that have
been wiped off the server as of today.

Leythos

Reload your OE and you won't find his name anywhere. I saw several posts
this morning and my OE did an auto cleanup and they weren't there anymore.
He is aware of it because on his website he listed all his posts that have
been wiped off the server as of today.

If he were to post by some other Usenet service we would all see his
posts, MS has no obligation to permit anyone to post.

Winux P

Don't think so Jupiter, it's more like you must be in bed with the censors,
you're just the type that would get offened over an expression such as
'bloody'. Despite people swearing at you everytime you turn your back at
them.

I can't understand why threads would be removed from the server by the
censors without them being offensive and on topic to say the least.

- Winux P

: If you are not seeing his posts, the posts are there so the problem is
most
: likely at your end.
:
: --
: Jupiter Jones [MVP]
: http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
: http://www.dts-l.org
:
:
: : >
: > Where have all your posts gone Kurt? My reading of these threads has
been
: > rudely interrupted.
: >
: > Could one corporate conglomerate be so threatened by a mere mortal
: > individual?
: >
: > Is there something we should know about Microsoft Windows XP that is
being
: > refrained from us? I'm starting to wonder.
: >
: > Just who is truly the weak?
: >
: > - Winux P
:
:

Michael Stevens

In
Jupiter Jones said:
If you are not seeing his posts, the posts are there so the problem
is most likely at your end.

No, someone is doing a blanket censoring of kurttrails posts. Two of the
most dangerous technical posters Talahasee and Andrew E continue to post
unabated, but kurttrail who never posts information that causes data loss
gets a blanket censor. Something is really wrong with this peer support
newsgroup. It is no longer truly peer support when this happens. It is now
MS moderated, and should be supported by MS as such.
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
(e-mail address removed)

Leythos

In

No, someone is doing a blanket censoring of kurttrails posts. Two of the
most dangerous technical posters Talahasee and Andrew E continue to post
unabated, but kurttrail who never posts information that causes data loss
gets a blanket censor. Something is really wrong with this peer support
newsgroup. It is no longer truly peer support when this happens. It is now
MS moderated, and should be supported by MS as such.

While I've entered what I consider OT threads, and participated in them
when I know I shouldn't have, I don't think all of Kurts posts should be
removed, BUT:

1) MS Owns the server, it's theirs to do anything they want with.

2) Many times Kurts position could be made without the flair that he
adds to it, I can see MS Usenet people getting tired of it.

3) Postings that are constantly negative, in the companies own forum,
often cause the company to take action, and this could be a sign that
their just fed-up with those types of posts.

4) See #1 above.

5) In the years that I've been here, I think I can count on one hand the
number of posts where Kurt has helped someone with a technical issue -
maybe the MS Usenet people figured the noise to help ratio was to high
and not contributing to the overall welfare of the group.

6) Kurt can post to any non-MS usenet server and it would replicate
around the world to their Usenet servers, so that people like me that
don't use the MS Usenet server directly could still see his posts - MS
can delete his posts from their servers, but they should not issue a
cancel bot to delete them from other vendors servers (and I don't think
they are).

7) See #1 above.

8) While Kurt does not fit into this group (the one I'm about to
mention), anyone posting links/information that violate security norms
or that post destructive information should have their posts deleted,
warned, and if it continues, their ability to post under that identity
should be banned.

Michael Stevens

--

Leythos said:
While I've entered what I consider OT threads, and participated in them
when I know I shouldn't have, I don't think all of Kurts posts should be
removed, BUT:

1) MS Owns the server, it's theirs to do anything they want with.

You are absolutely right, but it doesn't make them right to do so. Kind of
like the way Red China tries to control their people isn't it? It infuriates
the masses, but doesn't fool them. The masses will eventually rebel, the
same as all oppressed societies have done so.
2) Many times Kurts position could be made without the flair that he
adds to it, I can see MS Usenet people getting tired of it.

Getting tired of it doesn't make censosership an acceptable policy.
3) Postings that are constantly negative, in the companies own forum,
often cause the company to take action, and this could be a sign that
their just fed-up with those types of posts.

Makes them look guilty as charged if they can only delete negative posts.
4) See #1 above.

5) In the years that I've been here, I think I can count on one hand the
number of posts where Kurt has helped someone with a technical issue -
maybe the MS Usenet people figured the noise to help ratio was to high
and not contributing to the overall welfare of the group.

You must have a very big hand with lots of fingers or haven't been very
dillegent in monitoring Kurts posts to make a statement like that.
6) Kurt can post to any non-MS usenet server and it would replicate
around the world to their Usenet servers, so that people like me that
don't use the MS Usenet server directly could still see his posts - MS
can delete his posts from their servers, but they should not issue a
cancel bot to delete them from other vendors servers (and I don't think
they are).

Why should he?
His posts are controversial, but almost always on topic.
7) See #1 above.

8) While Kurt does not fit into this group (the one I'm about to
mention), anyone posting links/information that violate security norms
or that post destructive information should have their posts deleted,
warned, and if it continues, their ability to post under that identity
should be banned.

Has any of the above been proven?

--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com

Leythos

--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com

You are absolutely right, but it doesn't make them right to do so. Kind of
like the way Red China tries to control their people isn't it? It infuriates
the masses, but doesn't fool them. The masses will eventually rebel, the
same as all oppressed societies have done so.

Sure it does, it's not a uncensored media, it's THEIR server and they
have rules and the right to remove ANY post they feel should be removed
- if this was china he would have been drug out in a black hood, shot in
a field, and his next of kin would be sent a bill for it.

The masses don't care if someone that is almost always negative and foul
is removed, his position doesn't have much to do with why people come
here, most posts have nothing to do with PA/WGA, and they can be
addressed properly without using foul/abusive language/tones.

I suppose that you feel some like pc butts 1 should have been able to
continue posting his pirated apps links after the vendors publically
asked him to stop....
Getting tired of it doesn't make censosership an acceptable policy.

No, but removing foul/disruptive content makes the group better for all
that use it - including the noobs that might be driven away after
reading some of his rants.
Makes them look guilty as charged if they can only delete negative posts.

Not really, it makes it look like they are tired of seeing his approach,
the abusive content, the foul manner in his posts. I'm willing to bet
that if he posted without being foul or abusive, that we would not be
discussing this right now.
You must have a very big hand with lots of fingers or haven't been very
dillegent in monitoring Kurts posts to make a statement like that.

I don't monitor anyone's posts, I just see the ones I'm interested in or
that catch my eye - in the posts I've seen of his, I stand by my
statement - lots of rant, little constructive help.
Why should he?

Since he can't control MS's servers, if he wants his message out then he
can still get it out, he doesn't have to be silenced. MS offers their
Usenet services to the public at their own whim, it could vanish on
Friday and people would still find the Usenet groups for them on the
rest of the worlds Usenet servers.
His posts are controversial, but almost always on topic.

But they are rather ill flavored most times, which can lead to them not
fitting into the Quality and good-neighbor areas.
Has any of the above been proven?

I was not implying that Kurt is guilty of #8, don't take it that way -
it was addressing deleting posts from ANYONE that does the mentioned
items. I have never seen Kurt post anything that would cause problems
with a machine. Again, I was not suggesting Kurt even entered into #8
(as was noted in the start of #8), it was to address anothers concern
about how some people that post destructive answers are still able to
post.

Kurt Kirsch

Michael said:
No, someone is doing a blanket censoring of kurttrails posts. Two of the
most dangerous technical posters Talahasee and Andrew E continue to post
unabated, but kurttrail who never posts information that causes data loss
gets a blanket censor. Something is really wrong with this peer support
newsgroup. It is no longer truly peer support when this happens. It is now
MS moderated, and should be supported by MS as such.

Thanks Michael. I very much appreciate your post.

nubian

Leythos wrote:
I suppose that you feel some like pc butts 1 should have been able to
continue posting his pirated apps links after the vendors publically
asked him to stop....

You've got to be smokin' something REAL good or be delusional to put
Kurttrail on the same level with pcbutts1. Pcbutts1 was a proven thief
and pirate. Monopoly$oft is a proven criminal corp. (antitrust).
Kurttrail has never even given the idea in these groups that he has once
pirated one copy of Windows. I have more respect for Kurttrail than I
do for pcbutts1, Monopoly$soft, or you for that matter just because you
don't understand Kurttrail's only issue is that he has a big mouth. He
has proven his integrity and earned respect of more than just me in the
group. I can't say the same for you.

OK, so you have confirmed for us thus far that you are delusional, and
you also have problems with counting and logic.

<snip>