Odd Event message

Free Beck

Anyone seen the event

The Security System could not establish a secured
connection with the server DNS/prisoner.iana.org? I get
this about every one hour in my Event Request.

Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

In
Free Beck said:
Anyone seen the event

The Security System could not establish a secured
connection with the server DNS/prisoner.iana.org? I get
this about every one hour in my Event Request.

Not to odd, common in Win2k3 if you have not configured a reverse lookup
zone for your private IP subnet and/or if you have your ISP's DNS in TCP/IP
properties.
Configure a reverse lookup zone and/or remove your ISP's DNS from TCP/IP
properties.

Hi Kevin,

I've done that and I still get the same message exactly
every 1 hour. :( Thoughts?

Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

In (e-mail address removed) <[email protected]>
posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
Hi Kevin,

I've done that and I still get the same message exactly
every 1 hour. :( Thoughts?

That is what causes the error, check your reverse zone name. I can't see
your monitor so you'll have to throw me a bone.

Well, here's one that I'm getting from my goofed up DNS.
A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.4.0 was
generated for recipient rfc822;[email protected]
(Message-ID <002a01c45ee9$e23c4c90
[email protected]>).
Causes: This message indicates a DNS problem or an IP
address configuration problem
Solution: Check the DNS using nslookup or dnsq. Verify
the IP address is in IPv4 literal format.
For more information, click

And anotether.

The Security System could not establish a secured
connection with the server DNS/prisoner.iana.org. No
authentication protocol was available.

If I can resolve both of these problems I'll be very
happy..
That is what causes the error, check your reverse zone name. I can't see
your monitor so you'll have to throw me a bone.

I'll let you term serv in if you want.. I have to fix
this