ODBCDataReader OutOfRangeException - dBase IV

G

Hey

First of all, this is technically a re-post -- so, sorry to those who don't like re-posts

My issue is basically this. I have an ODBC connection to a dBase IV database. Everything seems to be working fine except for an issue with the ODBCDataReader. Whenever I call <ODBCDataReader>.Item(<field Name>) I get an OutOfRangeException. If I do the exact came call, but I pass the column index I get the column no problem. Equally, if I use an ODBCDataAdapter I have no problems.

If anyone has any ideas why I am having this issue, and/or a possible resolution to the problem, I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks in advance
-Kevin

G

I have been doing some further investigation, and I have found out that when the Object is of type ODBCDataReader the function works fine. However, if the object is of type IDataReader then I get the OutOfRangeExcpetion. With the way my project is structured I can't explicitly cast the object as type ODBCDataReader.

I just wanted to keep the thread updated. Any input is, again, welcome

Thanks
-Kevin

Ask a Question