O2 DNS Servers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
After having months of really good service from o2 broadband (including good customer service when I needed it), they've really dropped the ball recently.

Their DNS servers have been terrible for the last few weeks - to the extent that I can't access any sites this morning unless I use the Open DNS Servers.

If you are on O2 and are having these problems, the OpenDNS servers are a good temporary fix (Although I don't really want to use these long term):

http://www.opendns.com/

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah, even wiy DNS numbers its been a nightmare today, when i google something i can't use the main link but if i click on the smaller links to different things contained in that website it works.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i'm on Be (O2 in disguise) and have had 1 problem with the service going down but they had told me it was scheduled for maintenance and upgrades

My girlfriends house at uni is on O2 though and they have had no end of problems with their connection, its sometimes down for the whole day but usually a couple of hours

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My Zen's running perfect :p

As it has been for the last 6.5 years.

But most of you tell me it's too expensive.

Oh well, my commiserations to you all. No, really :cool:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
My Zen's running perfect :p

As it has been for the last 6.5 years.

But most of you tell me it's too expensive.

Oh well, my commiserations to you all. No, really :cool:

How much do you pay?

£5 a month?
laughingsmiley.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The DNS seems to be back to normal now :)

Reaction score
Could be worse Ian, you could be with Virgin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Arg!!! The o2 DNS servers work OK now... apart from the WCG site like (back to a few days ago!!!)... so now I can't sumbit my work units. Grrrr.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Arg!!! The o2 DNS servers work OK now... apart from the WCG site like (back to a few days ago!!!)... so now I can't sumbit my work units. Grrrr.

And you don't want to keep on using OpenDNS... why, exactly?
c010.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Urmas said:
And you don't want to keep on using OpenDNS... why, exactly?
c010.gif

I'm just being a fuss pot I suppose ;) I've switched back to them for the time being, but I'd rather use the O2 DNS long term :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Entanet: £20 a month 330 GB usage a month, good speeds, no hassle, no worries, and i ping most all uk game servers at less than 25ms. :D:thumb:

user.gif

Ask a Question