ntldr missing/boot.ini error?

I did clean installation on my computer because I wanted to reorganise the patitions the C: was to small. But I could'nt format the C: partition (it was in ntfs) so I formatted the rest and installed Win2000 on the D
Every thing worked fine with Win2000 on D: Till I formatted C: in FAT32 to make again a new clean installation. I hoped I could now make a bigger C: so that I could install WIN2000 there
But now nothing works anymore when I start the PC. After detection of the masters en slaves and the PCI device listing, Verifying DMI Pool data...................
I get the error message
NTLDR is missing, press any key to restart.

and after pressing a key again and again..

I made on an other computer the 4 setup diskettes, after installing and starting up I get a blue screen with some hard error: systemRoot\ststem32\ntdll.dl

I tried to make a boot diskette following the instructions but I can not manage to get the right boot.ini: disk hardware configuration proble

How can I let my computer work again????

Bob H

"marein" <anonymous@discussions.
microsoft.com> wrote in message
I did clean installation on my computer because I wanted to reorganise the
patitions the C: was to small. But I could'nt format the C: partition (it
was in ntfs) so I formatted the rest and installed Win2000 on the D:
Every thing worked fine with Win2000 on D: Till I formatted C: in FAT32 to
make again a new clean installation. I hoped I could now make a bigger C:
so that I could install WIN2000 there.
But now nothing works anymore when I start the PC. After detection of the
masters en slaves and the PCI device listing, Verifying DMI Pool
data....................
I get the error message:
NTLDR is missing, press any key to restart.

and after pressing a key again and again...

I made on an other computer the 4 setup diskettes, after installing and
starting up I get a blue screen with some hard error:
systemRoot\ststem32\ntdll.dll
I tried to make a boot diskette following the instructions but I can not
manage to get the right boot.ini: disk hardware configuration problem
How can I let my computer work again????

I think, if it were me that had installed an OS as many times as you have on
different partitions, I would start all over gaian from scratch and re
install a brand new copy of Win2k on Drive C:

I cannot see any other way round it, unless you can access your non working
win2k system from another source???
If you can then copy the NTLDR file into the root drive of the OS.

Hope that helps

Dave Patrick

To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup
disks. The set of four install disks can be created from your Windows 2000
CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute
makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the
prompts.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Microsoft Certified Professional [Windows 2000]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| I did clean installation on my computer because I wanted to reorganise the
patitions the C: was to small. But I could'nt format the C: partition (it
was in ntfs) so I formatted the rest and installed Win2000 on the D:
| Every thing worked fine with Win2000 on D: Till I formatted C: in FAT32 to
make again a new clean installation. I hoped I could now make a bigger C:
so that I could install WIN2000 there.
| But now nothing works anymore when I start the PC. After detection of the
masters en slaves and the PCI device listing, Verifying DMI Pool
data....................
| I get the error message:
| NTLDR is missing, press any key to restart.
|
| and after pressing a key again and again...
|
| I made on an other computer the 4 setup diskettes, after installing and
starting up I get a blue screen with some hard error:
systemRoot\ststem32\ntdll.dll

| I tried to make a boot diskette following the instructions but I can not
manage to get the right boot.ini: disk hardware configuration problem

| How can I let my computer work again????

on my laptop I made with my Win2000 cd-rom the 4 setup diskettes (makeboot.exe) and did the setup on my pc. Followed the instructions on the screen. But after the 4th dikette I get a blue svreen with the message
Stop: c0000221 Ubknown hard Erro
\systemRoot\system32\ntdll.dl
and the instructions to disable newly installed hardware or software, to disable memory options (I don't know wich, how?) to use safe mode, to remove disable components, restart in the safe mode. But nothing works pressing F8 for the safe mode works. Restarting the computer ( only possible with the reset button) I get again:
NTLDR is missin
press any key to restart and again and again after pessing any ke
restarting with c-a-d and again: NTLDR is missin
I made a diskette with
boot.in
NTLD
and ntdetect.co
but I don'nt know wat to fill in in the boot.ini
I did try different partitions such as:
[boot loader
timeout=3
Default= scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\winn

[operating systems
scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\winnt="Microsoft Windows 200
Professional"

The computer starts up givinge my the choise to choose a system but the only choise I have is Win2000 and than I get the message in a black screen
Win2000 could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration peoblem. Could not read from the selected disk. Check boot path and sisk hardware. etc

What now?