Windows XP ntdll.dll error on a Windows ME machine

Reaction score
Lately, whenever I install software on my Windows ME machine it installs correctly but I get a strange error message when trying to run the software. It tells me there is a problem with the msvfw32.dll and ntdll.dll files. The problem is, I do not have Windows NT on this computer.

So far I am the only one on the planet who has this problem from all my searching of PC forums on the Internet. Does anyone know why I am getting these and how to fix the problem?

Thanks. A newbie to this forum but not to computers.

Error says:

missing "MSVFW32.DLL" and
says "cannot load program due to a missing link file NTDLL.DLL."

Sorry but I do not have the exact wording here at work.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It would help if you told us what the 'software' is, however, you do not need Win NT to be missing NTDLL, it can be found on Win 95 and up, depending on how you installed the file system or formatted the drive.

You'll find the NTDLL.DLL on your WinME CD ... you'll need to extract it to the C:\windows\system32 folder, same with the msvfw32.dll file. You may need some others, but it will moan if they are missing also. ;)

This is an old problem with newer software/hardware ... :thumb:

user.gif

Reaction score
My problem is that I do not have a true Windows ME CD. I have the Restore CD only that came with the PC.

Ask a Question