NTbackup

Dave

Hi,
I try to run ntbackup from the command line to backup a directory drive from
the network,
I specefy the path of the dir like that '13.2.45.3\Dest' the directory is in
share with all permissions needed but ntbackup dont backup it,
Only when i create that path as a local drive (named Z: or G: etc...) the
ntbackup backup the directory why???

Thanks

Carrie Garth

| "Dave" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | I try to run ntbackup from the command line to backup a directory
| drive from the network, I specefy the path of the dir like that
| '13.2.45.3\Dest' the directory is in share with all permissions
needed
| but ntbackup dont backup it, Only when i create that path as a
| local drive (named Z: or G: etc...) the ntbackup backup the
directory
| why???

Does it work when you use the computer name instead of 13.2.45.3? For
more information see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

KB814583 - HOW TO: Use Command Line Parameters with the Ntbackup
Command in Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=814583

Carrie Garth

|: "C_Steve" <[email protected]>
|: wrote in message |: I'm troubleshooting a Photoshop "failure to start" and Adobe
|: suggests Font management. Where can I find the list of "Windows
|: Installed Fonts"?

| "Carrie Garth" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | I have never seen, nor heard of, an "official" list. However, if
| you open C:\WINDOWS\repair\setup.log <SNIP>

I should have added that the C:\WINDOWS\repair\setup.log is a critical
file that is needed in repair operations. Thus, "best practices" says
to make a backup copy to work on.