Ntbackup Device Error

G

I have been backing up my server using Ntbackup with an Onstream DI-30. This weekend the server failed, and I'm trying to restore it using Ntbackup. I insert the tapes and start building the catalog. About an hour into the process, I get a "Backup Device Error." Is there anyway I can recover from this? Thanks, Keith

J

Jerold Schulman

I have been backing up my server using Ntbackup with an Onstream DI-30. This weekend the server failed, and I'm trying to restore it using Ntbackup. I insert the tapes and start building the catalog. About an hour into the process, I get a "Backup Device Error." Is there anyway I can recover from this? Thanks, Keith

I would apply SP4 and any relevant hotfixes before the catalog / restore.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

G

Jerold's reply was very heplful and I was able to recover data from 3 of 4 tapes. The fourth tape reads OK for a while then a tape error message occurs. Is there anyway to "jump over" the damaged area and resume reading when possible? Thanks, Keith

Ask a Question