Now What ?

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Ok just been shopping..

Antec Performance TX1088AMG Metallic Grey Tower Case - 480w Truepower PSU (CA-035-AN) [size=-1]
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) - Retail (ADA3200BPBOX) (CP-118-AM) [size=-1]
GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS2.5 (GE1GB3200BHDC) (MY-005-GL) [size=-1]
Samsung SpinPoint P HD080HJ 80GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-023-SA)[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

[size=-1][size=-1][size=-1]Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition inc. SP2 - OEM (OS-001-MS) [/size][/size][/size]

I have a XFX 6600GT 128mb DDR3 DUAL DVI TV PCI-E Graphics card
17" TFT Monitor
Mouse, Keyboard etc...

The question is first is it all compatible (me thinks so ?)

Now putting it all together ( This all looks beyond me !!!)
I have got as far as unwrapping (lol) no i have the motherboard in place and have connected the psu power connector , now i am scared of doing damage... I am earthing myself.. Any help or websites will be appreciated for the rest of the building

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
it should all be ok, what motherboard you got ?

its easier to put the CPU and RAM in with the motherboard out of the case, only connect it to the PSU when you'e sure its all right it makes life alot easier

give this a read and ask about anything your not sure on

http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/index.htm

Reaction score
put the MOBO flat on a table or simular then on the anti-static bag fit the CPU DONT PRESS the fan when you clip it. DONT fit the psu untill you have finished set up of the components.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yes, it's all compatible as far as I can see but there again I don't know what the motherboard is...

1) Leave the motherboard out of the case for now.
2) Put in the CPU.
3) Apply thin layer of thermal paste over top of CPU, all of metal area. A VERY thin layer, but make sure it's covered. Use a clean credit card or similar to assist spreading if need be.
4) Mount heat sink/fan. Don't forget to plug fan connector into motherboard.
5) Insert RAM, using dual channel slots if applicable, usually coloured identical and identified as slots one and two.
6) Put board in case.
7) Connect all case front connectors: power on switch; reset switch; Hard disk led; power led and loudspeaker.
8) Fit video card. Nothing else. Connect PSU plug to video card if applicable.
9) Connect PSU connectors, main multipin connector and 4 pin 12V connector.
10) Attach Monitor, mouse, keyboard and mains lead to case/psu.
11) Switch it on, hope for one beep, observe screen, make sure it goes through POST sequence.
12) Reboot (reset switch) have a wander round the BIOS, set things up.

And then it's time to connect everything else and load Windows.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
oops sorry
Asus A8N-SLi SE nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-101-AS) [size=-1]
[/size]

Ask a Question