Noton Antivirus Corporate Edition

Rajiv K Khandelwal

Wanted to change the Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition ver 7 on my node
from Unmanaged to Managed but cannot uninstall it. Tried to uninstall it
from Add/Remove programmes but some features have been removed and not all.
Now unable to see the programme on the Add/Remove Programme list.

Can someone guide me how to completely remove the installation and do a
fresh installation. This may require some tweaking of the registry.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Rajiv K. Khandelwal

Codswallop

Rajiv K Khandelwal said:
Wanted to change the Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition ver 7 on my node
from Unmanaged to Managed but cannot uninstall it. Tried to uninstall it
from Add/Remove programmes but some features have been removed and not
all. Now unable to see the programme on the Add/Remove Programme list.

Can someone guide me how to completely remove the installation and do a
fresh installation. This may require some tweaking of the registry.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Rajiv K. Khandelwal

Symantec gives instructions here: http://tinyurl.com/zso45

Rock

Wanted to change the Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition ver 7 on my node
from Unmanaged to Managed but cannot uninstall it. Tried to uninstall it
from Add/Remove programmes but some features have been removed and not
all. Now unable to see the programme on the Add/Remove Programme list.

Can someone guide me how to completely remove the installation and do a
fresh installation. This may require some tweaking of the registry.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Rajiv K. Khandelwal

Contact Symantec Tech support for help with their program.

Rajiv K Khandelwal

Thanks Russ for your advice. It has worked but when I am installing the
programme on the client, I am getting the following error message:
"Error 25007. There was an error loading Transman.dll."

How can this be worked around?

Regards,

Rajiv K. Khandelwal

"Russ - SBITS.Biz (MCP SBS)" <Russ SBITS (MPC - SBS)

Rajiv K Khandelwal

Russ, thanks for your advice. It has worked. These newsgroups are really
fantastic.

Regards,

Rajiv K. Khandelwal

"Russ - SBITS.Biz (MCP SBS)" <Russ - SBITS.Biz (MCP SBS)

Leythos

Wanted to change the Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition ver 7 on my node
from Unmanaged to Managed but cannot uninstall it. Tried to uninstall it
from Add/Remove programmes but some features have been removed and not all.
Now unable to see the programme on the Add/Remove Programme list.

Can someone guide me how to completely remove the installation and do a
fresh installation. This may require some tweaking of the registry.

Thanking you in advance.

You do know that version 7 was END-OF-LIFE a LONG time ago and is not
supported on SBS 2003.

To remove Corp. I've found that you uninstall Symantec, then LiveUpdate,
then reboot, then login, then reboot, then login and it should be gone.
You should also delete all Symantec Folders.

R. McCarty

On instances I've removed, I find that a few Non-Plug and Play drivers
get orphaned. Also a look through the CurrentControlSet - Services
table will usually have a SymEvnt that needs to be set to start mode of
4 or just simply deleted. The number and type of "Orphaned" entries
depends a lot on which Year version and product you're attempting to
get rid of. No matter how detailed you take the uninstall/Clean up it
(Norton Uninstall) leaves many Class Identifiers and other Registry
remnants behind.

Baloo

Rajiv said:
Can someone guide me how to completely remove the installation and do a
fresh installation. This may require some tweaking of the registry.

Symantec's installers are usually pretty broken. You'll need to reinstall
Windows unless you're intimately familiar with the software in question, or
you trust that sourceless binaries (thus having absolutely zero peer review
of the code) will do what they're told to do.