Nothing!!

Reaction score
Hey,

My sister called me to say her computer is dead. She says it's making all the normal noises, but it's not beeping, which makes me think it's NOT making normal noises. She says you get no picture at all, no beep, but the power lights come on. Her husband is one of these 'bash on and fix anything' types, and he took it all apart, and tried it with the bare minimum attached. He thought it may be a hard drive problem so bought a new one, but no success.

Any ideas? It surely must be processor/motherboard or cpu? Strange that no beeps though???

Cheers.

B

Reaction score
Hmmmm, was hoping it wasn't that! lol. I'll have to tell her to get a new one. Mind you, if that doesnt work, shes got a new motherboard and still a broken computer!! :-/

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
bodhi said:
Hmmmm, was hoping it wasn't that! lol. I'll have to tell her to get a new one. Mind you, if that doesn't work, shes got a new motherboard and still a broken computer!! :-/
Yep, so what else can you do ?

A good PC tech shop, one you trust, should be able to narrow the 'problem' down ... I never pulled a MB unless I knew it was knackered. I would swap out everything else first, it was/is easier, but then I always did have spare parts. ;)

good luck

:user:

Reaction score
Turns out it was the graphics card!! Weird that there were no beeps.

Reaction score
RE:no beeps.

Some Pc's Have A Switch In The Bios Where You Can Turn The System Speaker On Or Off.

Reaction score
Yeah, but it did POST before and beep so it probably should have done in this instance. Oh well.

Ask a Question