norton anti-virus

I paid to have norton anti-virus last year. I then had to take my laptop for
repairs and everything got wiped off. I have been unable to contact norton
to get it put back on (have tried to e-mail, can't find phone no. etc). Can
anyone help me. Also I see there are lots of places where I can get free
anti-virus on internet. Are these any good and if so why does anyone pay for
anti-virus? Also can anyone give me step by step instructions to put
anti-virus on. How do I know when I go to download anti-virus from internet
that it is safe? Lots of questions I know, hope someone can help me.
Thanks.

Raoul

Have you tried going to http://www.symantec.com and clicking on support?

"helpless and clueless" <[email protected]>
wrote in message I paid to have norton anti-virus last year. I then had to take my laptop
for
repairs and everything got wiped off. I have been unable to contact norton
to get it put back on (have tried to e-mail, can't find phone no. etc). Can
anyone help me. Also I see there are lots of places where I can get free
anti-virus on internet. Are these any good and if so why does anyone pay
for
anti-virus? Also can anyone give me step by step instructions to put
anti-virus on. How do I know when I go to download anti-virus from
internet
that it is safe? Lots of questions I know, hope someone can help me.
Thanks.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

AVG Anti Virus: HOME:
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/1

Free avast! 4 Home Edition - free virus protection for home PC:

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"helpless and clueless" <[email protected]>
wrote in message I paid to have norton anti-virus last year. I then had to take my laptop
for
repairs and everything got wiped off. I have been unable to contact norton
to get it put back on (have tried to e-mail, can't find phone no. etc). Can
anyone help me. Also I see there are lots of places where I can get free
anti-virus on internet. Are these any good and if so why does anyone pay
for
anti-virus? Also can anyone give me step by step instructions to put
anti-virus on. How do I know when I go to download anti-virus from
internet
that it is safe? Lots of questions I know, hope someone can help me.
Thanks.

bud

helpless and clueless said:
I paid to have norton anti-virus last year. I then had to take my laptop
for
repairs and everything got wiped off. I have been unable to contact
norton
to get it put back on (have tried to e-mail, can't find phone no. etc).
Can
anyone help me. Also I see there are lots of places where I can get
free
anti-virus on internet. Are these any good and if so why does anyone pay
for
anti-virus? Also can anyone give me step by step instructions to put
anti-virus on. How do I know when I go to download anti-virus from
internet
that it is safe? Lots of questions I know, hope someone can help me.
Thanks.

If you saved the email they sent you go to
http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/cs/ec_main.entry11?sp=10343&pn=2&xid=49997
click on the order lookup link, enter the information and you should be able
to download it again.

Dave

You don't say what version of NAV you have. Do you have the installation
disk? Have you tried to reinstall it?