Norton 360

Reaction score
My subscription is shortly up for renewal. Shall i renew or does anyone know of a better alternative product which combines security protection, PC tune up and back up storage.

Thanks in advance for any replies

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yes - just about anything else :lol:

Ahem.

Right - composure.

If you want to pay, Kaspersky is probably the best. NOD 32 is worth looking at but I'm not sure if they do an all in one program.

For free, combine several programs for all round protection.

The three main AV contenders, for free, are: Antivir; Avast; AVG.

Adaware, Spybot, Windows Defender are some of the programs to take care of Adware, trojans and the like.

You needn't pay a penny and have some very strong defense against nasties.

Check out This thread for links and ideas.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alright, just re-read it.

Tune-up? Define tune up? A defrag and using Crap Cleaner. There ya go - tuned :D

Backup? I do believe Windows has a system restore point (which is basically all that Symantec/Nortons does, but uses a helluva lot more resources to do it). Other than that use Acronis True Image to backup.

Reaction score
Still Unsure

Thanks for your reply

Can you elaborate a bit cos Im not very good with all this techie stuff. If I go for Kaspersky does this cover my PC totally apart from back-ups? If so I will get this and what do you think of Windows SkyDrive free back-up storage?

Reaction score
I bought Kaspersky Internet Security as it was on offer from Staples.
The 3 user licence one was cheaper than the single user for some reason!
I have it on both Laptop & Desktop & it does the job very well!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Anther vote for Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS7) here, and using Vista too. ;)

No, it don't "tune-up" or backup, but then I still ain't found any program that will do that effectively for MS. :D

:user:

Reaction score
Good evening learned colleagues, interesting comments here but I am sticking with Norton 360. I have been using it for ten Months now and haven't had any problems. I know a great many users don't like it but it works for me. I also use Windows Defender and Threatfire Pro. Regards to all,DD.

Ask a Question