    Colonel Blip

    Remove "nospam" when replying.
    __________________________________

    Colonel Blip, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Do you have "Prompt to save Normal template" checked on the Save tab of
    Tools | Options? If not, you should check it. When you are prompted to save
    Normal.dot, say no unless you are sure you have made changes to it. If you
    get prompted every time you quit Word, find what poorly written add-in is
    changing Normal.dot every time you start Word. See
    http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CheckIfAddinsInstalled.htm

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    all may benefit.

    "Colonel Blip" <> wrote in message
    > I open Word, do nothing but close it and I find doing this repeatedly is
    > causing my normal.dot file to grow greatly. It started off at 99 kb;

    opened
    > and closed word twice and it is almost 300 kb. Doing the same thing

    several

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Apr 10, 2004

  3. Colonel Blip

    Colonel Blip Guest

    Thanks. I don't know what is doing it, but I have one document that I change
    every week (newsletter) that seems to be the culprit. It originally was
    designed and published via Mac Word so maybe that has something to do with
    it. I've just set the prompt and when I get it on that doc I say no. Other
    docs/templates do not seem to have the problem.

    Colonel Blip, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Sounds reasonable to me.

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Apr 20, 2004