No Voice or Video being received by peer

Rabbid

My friend and I are both running Windows Messenger 4.6 on
Windows XP Prof SP1 fully updated by Windows Update.

When we initiate a video call, we get the connecting then
connected status and I can then receive his Voice and
Video just fine, but he is not receiving my Voice or Video
to his system. My video/voice setup configures OK in Audio
Tuning wizard and I can see picture-in-picture video on my
screen and the audio bar responds to my speech, but my
peer still doesn't receive anything. We have taken
firewalls out of the equation completely, to ensure they
weren't causing an issue. We have also tried Messenger 5.0
but get the same issue and we also got an error during
install, so we reverted back to 4.6. I have also ensured
that I am running the lates drivers for my Audigy 2 sound
card and ATI 9800 Pro Graphics card.

Does anyone have any ideas, as this is driving us nuts.

paul livingstone

Rabbid said:
[...]

have you tryed to disable qos packet scheduler-to disable qos packet
scheduler1 from the start menu choose run
2 in the open field type gpedit.msc(runor open field)
3 click the ok button
4double click the computer configuration icon
5 double -click the administrative templates icon
6 double click the network icon
7 double click the qos packet scheduler icon
8double click the limit reservable bandwidth icon
9 clicl on the setting tab
10 select enabled
11 in the bandwidth limit (%) field.type 0
12 clcik the ok button
13 close all windows
14 from the start menu , click settings , and choose control panel
15 double click the network connectionico
16 right click on your earth link connection and select properties
from the pop-up menu
17click on the networking tab
18 verify that the q0s packet scheduler has a check next to i19 click
the ok button20 close all windows
21 from the start menu, choose turn off computer
22 click the restart buttonto restart your computer
i dont have earth link iam on cable in canada , but this worked for
me, no guarantee

"Rabbid" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[...]
.
Works a treat, thanks Paul, or Spud, whichever...cheers
anyway.