Windows XP No video but still hear

Reaction score
Whenever I am watching a recording which I have done on my Pinnacle TV card, the video stopps after about 5 minutes but I can still hear the sound. I am watching it on windows media player and the file format is mpeg-2. If I view it on realplayer, the same thing happens. The only way for it to not do this is to watch it using the pinnacle software, but it is a pain to start this up because it takes at least 40 seconds and wmplayer is instant. This problem has never happened before and has only just cropped up. Can anyone help? I am running xp home.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm really not sure what could cause that, it seems a bit of a strange error. If it only does it with your own recordings, it could be a problem with the codec (and might be worth a search of the pinnacle support site).

You could always try a video player like "VLC Media Player", I've heard some good things about it and the codecs it supports.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I've been using the free Zoom Player , its fast and you can fill the whole screen unlike WMP , and it remembers the last item played in a list which is neat . Worth a look .
user.gif

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Players/Zoom-Player-Standard.shtml

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
The Core Media Player, for me

I works great, except im experiencing trouble with my cowboy bebop collection- (thinking its the X-fi) i think its an isolated problem :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I'm really not sure what could cause that, it seems a bit of a strange error. If it only does it with your own recordings, it could be a problem with the codec (and might be worth a search of the pinnacle support site).

You could always try a video player like "VLC Media Player", I've heard some good things about it and the codecs it supports.

Hi,

I know all of these other media players are really good, but I would rather use wmp. I will try to use these but it might not work, due to the fact that it does it on realplayer too. Also, pinnacle's support site is rubbish. If I were to try and contact them, their immediate answer would be

"Oh, reinstall the pinnacle software, if not then you will be transfered to our 4th level support team. You may have to return your tv card!!!"

Anyway, I will try some other players and post back.

Thanks for everyones help.
Luke

P.S sorry for the delay - I have been on holiday.

Ask a Question