no scanner and camera wizard in autoplay

Reaction score
op system : windows xp home sp3
hardware : dell 2650 laptop
problem : lost scanner and camera wizard from autoplay few days ago
i use windows scanner and camera wizard to transfer pictures from my sd card/memory stick to the computer. I like it because u can rename the files to whatever u want and then it just starts naming it numericallly in as cending order. now when i plug the sd card or camera into the computer autoplay works and recognises that the card has pictures but there are no options to transfer pictures in the pop up box. i have tried a few reg edits , windows autoplay repair wizard but no luck.

autoplay.jpg

also if i go the properties and click on autoplay and select -pictures there is no options. any help appreciated

autoplay1.jpg

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

Sounds like XP may have lost the drivers, go to device manager and see if you have any exclamation marks anywhere, make sure you check them all.

Reaction score
yea checked all the drivers are working ok, i suspect it may have been something to do with registry, I used crap cleaners reg fixer and suspect that might have deleted a few registry entries, or i had installed some picture viewing software and then uninstalled it (i cant even remeber its name) that might have deleted a few reg entries.

Reaction score
If you suspect the rg might be f*cked, try doing a repair install..Or System Restore, to a date you know everything was working fine..Then work from there...

Ask a Question