no permission to open the network and dial-up connections folder

Jason

I receive the following message when I try to look at the
properties of My Network Places or if I try to open the
Network and Dial-up Connections folder.

up connections folder."

This is a windows 2000 profession workstation. I was
previously able to get into the properties but not now. I
have checked the Console from within the MMC and I have
not seen any options that are set to restrict this access
in the local computer policy.

I am currently logged in as a domain administrator (I have
tried the local administrator as well but with no success).

I normally enter the local computer policy and disable the
add/remove software ability, disable personalized menus.
In addition, I create a security configuration and
analysis database which I import the compatws.inf template
and then I configure the computer for this. This allows
our users to utilize MS Photo Editor.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

I have googled and someone else had a similar problem with
no direct solution posted. And searching in this
Newsgroup provides a lot of posts that are not related.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason

I was able to resolve the issue my deleting my profile and
logged in again.

Previously I thought I had tried as the local admin but
apparently I did not. When I tried it this time it had
went through. So that led me to believe that a problem
with my profile existed.

Miguel B.

Jason,

After you applied your policy, do you still have the same
users in the Administrators Group on the local machine?

Regards,

Miguel B.