Reaction score
• ASUS M3N-HD/HDMI nForce 750a SLI Socket
• AMD Phenom Quad Core 9850 2.5GHz 4MB
• Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W ATX EPS 12V SLI Power Supply
• eVGA GeForce 8800GT 512MB PCI-E DDR3
• 2 x Kingston HyperX 2GB 1066MHz PC8500 DDR
• LG W2252TQ Monitor (or similar)
• XP

I built this PC nearly two years ago and a few months ago it began acting up. A lot of times during game play my screen would freeze and display a distorted one with a lot of artifacts. However, if patient enough I was sometimes able to alt-f4 or alt-tab out of the game to the desktop which looked normal but everything ran VERY SLOW, so I’d reboot. Sometimes it would reboot on the first try but most of the time I’d have to unplug the power or reboot multiple times for my monitor to receive a signal.

This happened again the other day however my monitor no longer receives a signal. I’ve removed all internal hardware, cleaned the case, tried booting with each RAM stick individually, reset the CMOS, etc. Everything is receiving power such as fans, mouse, keyboard, mobo LED, however it won’t boot or the monitor won’t receive a signal. At the moment I do not have the case speaker hooked up and will do so when I get home however I’m currently at work. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Connected Case Speaker

I just connected the case speaker and am getting one beep but still no monitor action.

Ask a Question